Rod Shots

On 19/07/2020 at 10:34, elmoputney said:

IMG_20200719_102012.thumb.jpg.0d151f6cac71e80b3f43badc267f9d6b.jpg

Lost one this morning 😭

rods are out for the day though as the rest of the putneys are visiting rellies, so I can have have a nice chilled out Sunday and hopefully I will get a chance to equalise, felt like a goodun too 

Your swim looked a lot prettier than mine Elmo

560F8501-C581-4D2C-B757-1024A3A458AB.jpeg

15 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Bit of a chuck to the far margin innit... 😜

5 minutes in the van!! 

I've launched a few casts, but they look, a pathetic few rod lengths. 

A lot bigger than I'm used to, I'm not expecting much for a few years really.

I plan to get on the boat with an echo sounder, etc. Slowly build up the kit for big water fishing, mainly financially limited. 

11 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

Well since you asked lol I fished a runs water Saturday afternoon till today 2pm little Hayes lake at Tadber Manor Dorset... not my cup of tea but needs must and I needed a cat for the list a double would be nice. 

AECBD261-7C9F-4BBF-A224-7D7D7EEB736B.jpeg

4D653BFB-1D6B-4C24-ACC1-2C8C6C9F21AD.jpeg

Looks heavy but I was holding it away from me I did have a new jacket on lol  went 22lb had 4 carp the best 19lb on the new rods 2.25lb test curve 

C0EAFA64-0E24-4B64-B65E-E07BCB99219A.jpeg

I hope that’s the last time for me. Funny you should mention the coot there was none on the lake and not many ducks. When I was playing one of the carp in the early hours the water boiled several times which I assumed was the cats chasing the small fish, reminded me of bass chasing mackerel to the surface. 

11 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

I hope that’s the last time for me. Funny you should mention the coot there was none on the lake and not many ducks. When I was playing one of the carp in the early hours the water boiled several times which I assumed was the cats chasing the small fish, reminded me of bass chasing mackerel to the surface. 

You usually find if you watch the birdlife on a catfish lake when they [censored] off the cats are out to play 

16 hours ago, Big Bass said:

Well since you asked lol I fished a runs water Saturday afternoon till today 2pm little Hayes lake at Tadber Manor Dorset... not my cup of tea but needs must and I needed a cat for the list a double would be nice. 

AECBD261-7C9F-4BBF-A224-7D7D7EEB736B.jpeg

4D653BFB-1D6B-4C24-ACC1-2C8C6C9F21AD.jpeg

That Cat. has longer whiskers than you , B.B.

😁

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Good luck guys, looks really thundery tonight round my way, very carpy, my misses wasn't keen on me going 3 weeks in a row 😁

I'm a lucky guy on that front lol my misses has some piece an quiet from me 😄😄 I'm hard work so I've been told by family an freinds hahaha

3 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

I'm a lucky guy on that front lol my misses has some piece an quiet from me 😄😄 I'm hard work so I've been told by family an freinds hahaha

Me too but my kids are harder work, 👨‍👩‍👦I've had a ball kicked at me, been tickle monster, a ride on horse, dinner lady, referee, UN peacekeeper, and it's only 2:30pm 😵

5 hours ago, finchey said:

I'm going tomorrow for another 24hr same lake as a couple of weeks ago, let's see if I can break my duck.😁🤞🎣

My plans have changed, my poor dog had to be rushed to the vets this afternoon, throwing up this morning and we thought he was just feeling sorry for himself but this afternoon he virtually clasped, so they did an ultrasound and he's got fluid internally, so it's more testing and maybe a referral to the veterinarian hospital, we are all devastated so fishing is the last thing on my mind at the moment. 😔😭