Rod Shots

1 minute ago, finchey said:

Any luck mate. 

I've been using the whistle app for a while now. Not caught many fish but I think the app is spot on for fishing. 

What's your thoughts on it Highy? 👍 

You do have to be no more than 2mtrs away...or wont detect whistle even when you whistle loud (or its just my app)

43 minutes ago, Highy said:

You do have to be no more than 2mtrs away...or wont detect whistle even when you whistle loud (or its just my app)

I don't think I've ever used it more than 2mtrs. The fish I catch wouldn't show up any more than 2mtrs away. 😂😂😂

44 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

So this whistle camera app does it go off every time someone whistles, I work with a serial whistler,could smash my battery I have a selfie stick with tripod and button which if I ever catch a carp I may use but whistling might be easier 😀

Just download it mate and give it a try it's really handy for fishing. I just use my phone the whistle app and an NGT tripod. 👍

1 hour ago, snowmanstevo said:

I have a remote with my tripod but never used it, i always use the whistle app I've had no problems so far. 👍 

This may be a stupid question but how do you manage to use a remote control when you've got hold of a fish. 😵

25 minutes ago, finchey said:

I have a remote with my tripod but never used it, i always use the whistle app I've had no problems so far. 👍 

This may be a stupid question but how do you manage to use a remote control when you've got hold of a fish. 😵

Probably like the whistle app but click remote then it counts down from desired setting...

29 minutes ago, finchey said:

Takes a bit to get use to,but can rattle off 10pics in a couple of seconds then choose the best.4609AE6F-8304-4B50-BC3E-D16F3ACC9B35.thumb.png.b44ea3abf510ed42c8621ce05adc87af.png

95E0152B-5A09-44C2-BAF0-83AD2C37BC6A.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

Mate why’s your rod pod always so far away from the water? Just wonder if there’s a reason 

Sorry to butt in & if I may... 

There's certain anglers among us that will fish the inside margins. Under the rod tip as it were. 

I firmly believe that the fish are aware of rods and lines overhanging the water in a swim, so would avoid that happening, so as not to alert them of your presence 

I presume that is why Highy has his rods set back??? 

46 minutes ago, commonly said:

Sorry to butt in & if I may... 

There's certain anglers among us that will fish the inside margins. Under the rod tip as it were. 

I firmly believe that the fish are aware of rods and lines overhanging the water in a swim, so would avoid that happening, so as not to alert them of your presence 

I presume that is why Highy has his rods set back??? 

Exactly spot on...just setting now as we speak

10 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Back for Wednesday club. First rule of Wednesday club we don’t talk about bream! Busy here tonight. Weathers dull and muggy. Let’s see what happens.

Lay in tomorrow so not the usual 4am pack up.

image.jpg

Let’s hope it’s a BEEEEEEPPPPPP and not a BREEEAAAAMMMMMM kind of Wednesday 😂😂

Good luck,mate. 😎🎣

28 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

2 tench so far.. don’t mind a tench really. Good confidence builder that you’re in the right spot. That’s what I’m telling myself anyway!😂

Tench were all getting frisky round my way tonight, I am hoping that means the carp will be close by and I may get to catch one this weekend, I baited like there may be some hungry fish around anyway, now I've just got to get a night pass 😬

Edited by elmoputney