Rod Shots

6 hours ago, Highy said:

Im out again 😁😁

Screenshot_20230422_183646_Gallery.thumb.jpg.90cadc885760135263ce961a6fa2078a.jpg

Screenshot_20230422_183656_Gallery.thumb.jpg.964d2111d82233943956e0d83230059d.jpg

Had 1 so far about 6lb...

This was an off th cuff session, mate foned "wanna go lodge", yeh why not, nothing else do.....didn't go well at all from then....(I think).

Got to the lake and was quite busy, no barrow so was road side (if we could fit in), there was a dad and lad on pegs 1&2, then the only empty next pegs were 3 4 5....but they were going in hour or so.....

So we asked can we put bivvy up in peg 3, we fish 4 n 5.... and we'll be set up about same time as they go....did all that, bivvy, set rods...etc etc....

By time we done all that, they'd packed up....THEN bit of bad luck started, the way we faced the bivvy, the wind and slight rain was straight at us (still no front on bivvy)...so we emptied bivvy when weather broke, turned it to pegs 1&2 and we fished them, reput everything back in.

Found our spots, 3 of our 4 rods 10 wraps, and I had a margin rod.....after about 5/6 casts...CRACK, there goes my spod to other side of lake with 10 wraps of braid, luckily cast over and retrieved. 

Reset spod rod back up, few more casts and then a birds nest....eye, rod n spool was all soaked before using.....so that got put away for another day.

Did manage a small 6lb common after all this.....

So we ordered food from local takeaway, so to watch football when it arrived......

Then mate has a phone call from wife (I won't say what as its abit personal)....so the quickest packup I've ever seen, and he was off. Then out the blue Wife n Little en showed up, told em what happened so far and they both said, it wasn't mean to be that trip.....completely forgetting about takeaway, I phoned the place up to cancel and let's just say the phone call ended up turning the air blue (told em family emergency).....then the driver showed up just as was packing car.....told him that order was cancelled and he wasn't fussed. 

Home by 9pm.

2 hours ago, Highy said:

Out again until Dark...

Screenshot_20230425_152851_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8ce5f8790d589170ed71a9f0c4476308.jpg

Left hand down to Margin tree (yellow bush)...Right hand 10wraps to pointy tree in middle.

All same as previous sessions, Fishing Peach n Pepper Pop Ups over Aller Aqua Pellets.

Screenshot_20230425_152805_Gallery.thumb.jpg.ca0ba8c9f9ec455b6001f6c2d0d232ad.jpg

Tight lines , Highy .

Good old " pointy tree " , I guess we've all cast to one of those before ! .

😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 24/05/2023 at 20:33, B B said:

I always wanted to try a bait pump but my patch for digging was made up of stone and mud …could you use one with that sort of seabed ?

As Finchey said mate, over mud and stone you’re probably better off with a potato fork! I have used mine over mud before, but dependant on how stony the ground is, it can be a pit of a pain as one stone will jam the mouth of the pump making the sucking of the worm (oh err missus) very difficult. I find pumps work best over clean sand or clean mud, a garden fork or potato fork over shingly mud like estuaries

4 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

As Finchey said mate, over mud and stone you’re probably better off with a potato fork! I have used mine over mud before, but dependant on how stony the ground is, it can be a pit of a pain as one stone will jam the mouth of the pump making the sucking of the worm (oh err missus) very difficult. I find pumps work best over clean sand or clean mud, a garden fork or potato fork over shingly mud like estuaries

I used to use a garden fork always hard digging with the stones and mug but good results, I broke a fare amount of forks till I got hold of a all metal fork, my knuckle was always sore on my left hand nearest the prongs and in the winter Brrrr  🥶

• 3 weeks later...

Back in summer mode, the pads get thicker each year 😬

I did nearly fish another swim today but therebwere fish about so it seemed daft not too, left and right went out first chuck, middle was a nob and I lost 2 leads thanks to the heli safe so switched to lead clip with a 5oz flat pear they felt the drop in St Ives 😂 come on the carps 

IMG_20230616_211440.thumb.jpg.0b35eb5c7c9d77fa346ebfa644b1ed76.jpg

15 minutes ago, B B said:

That’s so funny. 😂

….Elmo I know it’s your fishing trip ….but can we fish in a different swim nx time please 

I often think that because I get bored of the same view, but there isn't that many and if the fish are present seems silly not to, I walked for ages to see what else I could find but the only one I fancied didn't seem to have any fish present but it did look good 😂

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

It would appear the carp gods are oppressing me. 

2 bites 0 carps one must've found a zebra Mussel or something to cut clean through my leader, the other a hook pull I am being oppressed, got to pack up now but there's still time for another bite. 

Two bites, You said it looked good Elmo so your swim was the right choice just unlucky mate

1 hour ago, B B said:

Two bites, You said it looked good Elmo so your swim was the right choice just unlucky mate

I hung it out for as long as I could but nothing, I planned to prebait a couple of spots when I left so went in heavy with the Remote QE2, I thought I may as well leave the rods out while I do it, within minutes they were sheeting up over both spots and showing, I got an extra hour by phoning home but I couldn't get a bite in that time, I'm now home with tail betwixt my legs.there's always next time. 

Is it still considered cheating if you cast your rods but use the boat for baiting? It does make it a lot quicker, more accurate and less disturbing than spombing and it's easier in the dark too(covert baiting is coming soon) 😂