Rod Shots

On 14/04/2023 at 19:51, Highy said:

Was here about 11am, but not long since stopped raining....

Screenshot_20230414_181356_Gallery.thumb.jpg.49c205a591b5b828147d69ce69d5c570.jpg

Screenshot_20230414_181341_Gallery.thumb.jpg.b4decee5c6ec5ff08d22b30b43952fd6.jpg

Myself, Dog n a Mate.....plenty interest, but nothing as of yet.

Also, during the night into this morning, the temperature plummeted to -2oC....my front to the bivvy hadn't (hasn't) arrived either yet, so was open fronted....about 6am, I thought I've not had a bleep, checked my alarms and the rollers had froze 🧊🧊.

IMG_20230415_192257.thumb.jpg.613e66b0e43e2aedaaa3022ff356eb3f.jpg

Well they went out eventually, bit of a faff today, I thought boats were meant to make things easy, they don't always, I got 2 rigs caught in the propeller and had to wind the boat back in, all got a drop though and there does seem to be the odd carp clue in the area, gone pretty heavy on the bait so I hope they are hungry. 

25 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

IMG_20230415_192257.thumb.jpg.613e66b0e43e2aedaaa3022ff356eb3f.jpg

Well they went out eventually, bit of a faff today, I thought boats were meant to make things easy, they don't always, I got 2 rigs caught in the propeller and had to wind the boat back in, all got a drop though and there does seem to be the odd carp clue in the area, gone pretty heavy on the bait so I hope they are hungry. 

Looks fishy best of luck,  the fish are going on the feed on my syndicate a 45lb er came out last week 😳with backups… just remember not to feed the Rudd  😉

Nice reels  👍 

16 hours ago, B B said:

Looks fishy best of luck,  the fish are going on the feed on my syndicate a 45lb er came out last week 😳with backups… just remember not to feed the Rudd  😉

Nice reels  👍 

Blank from me not even a rudd. Did manage to pull another anglers car out the mud though,so I did something useful with my time 😂 

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Blank from me not even a rudd. Did manage to pull another anglers car out the mud though,so I did something useful with my time 😂 

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

How I see it is that your karma must be overflowing what with helping the guy so it all bodes well for your nx trip. 

9 hours ago, B B said:

Nice one Highly they put a smile on your face 👍

16 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Well done Highy good stuff 

Went with the preconception of Zigs due to the warm weather...mate turned up about n hour before me and said he was on peg 2 fish to over ha ginger trees, so I said bucket next door (peg 3) and I'm on my way....

Got there and was too windy for zigs, but still warm, did take a bucket of the Aller Aqua Pellets, so indeceide to start to introduce them....

We know of a snaggy feature theat runs horizontal to the left bank, so I got the spod rod out and found it at 11 wraps, so I fished 10 wraps, spombed about 3 other each at 10 wraps, and within 10 mins the 17lb followed, topped up with 2 spombs, then 20mins later the 10lb followed.

We also noticed that the mouths were small so, going forward small baits (12mm) and small feed (pellets,particle)...don't think they are boilie eaters but crishes up will do.