Rod Shots

3 hours ago, finchey said:

My first proper session since starting back sea fishing, wasn't a good start I could only get frozen bait and the tide was racing through, so struggled to hold bottom but i managed 1 whiting and it was great to be back on the beach.

20221230_144018.thumb.jpg.a7e53d7dba5da0805fb87da81bfe607f.jpg

It great this beach fishing all my gear in that one rucksack hung on my tripod. 

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Highy said:

Out tomorrow for my 1st night session of the year.....

Park Lake about 3pm, until about 11am Sunday....lads Footy game at 1pm.

Try out the New Bivvy n New Alarms 🤞🎣 🐟 

Best of luck …I had planned an afternoon trip for tomorrow but we got -3 temps tonight and early morning so cancelled in favour for Monday or Tuesday it being a lot milder. 

4 minutes ago, B B said:

Best of luck …I had planned an afternoon trip for tomorrow but we got -3 temps tonight and early morning so cancelled in favour for Monday or Tuesday it being a lot milder. 

🤞🤞👍👍....Thick cloud, overcast, daytime 9oC....Night down to 4oC

I wasn't going to bother, but why not 😁

Edited by Highy

2 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

Soon be summer you would think an outdoor worker would be out in shorts this time of year... should have been a milkman those lads are nails.

Don’t mind the cold at all especially with the warm clothing Iv got, hell had to break the ice a couple of times to fish and woken up with the line’s frozen in the lake. Couple of steady warmer days helps the fishing hopefully 🤞

11 minutes ago, crusian said:

You don't seem too despondent that you're not going , Highy ? .

Or are you being a stoical Northerner ? .

😁

It was more or less a last minute thing, was only going to get a quick nighter in, but I'm.not that fussed really, gives me more time to sort the bedroom and (paint) built in wardrobe.

Wife also starts back her Morris dancing season tomorrow, gives me more time during the week to suss out what I might need for when I'm actually 💯% going 🎣....Deffo need gas.

2 dates are planted in stone for day sessions,  10th & 13th February. 

Then at the Northern Carp Show onn26th February. 

24 minutes ago, Highy said:

It was more or less a last minute thing, was only going to get a quick nighter in, but I'm.not that fussed really, gives me more time to sort the bedroom and (paint) built in wardrobe.

Wife also starts back her Morris dancing season tomorrow, gives me more time during the week to suss out what I might need for when I'm actually 💯% going 🎣....Deffo need gas.

2 dates are planted in stone for day sessions,  10th & 13th February. 

Then at the Northern Carp Show onn26th February. 

Aah , I understand what you're saying as I remember suddenly been given permission to go and I was just chucking bits into my fishing bag and sorting it out by the lake . Took me ages to get a bait in the water , and I found it all a bit stressful .

I thought Morris Dancing was outdoors? , otherwise you Wife will have bells on your fishing suit .

I'm glad you've left 14th February free .

😃

6 minutes ago, crusian said:

Aah , I understand what you're saying as I remember suddenly been given permission to go and I was just chucking bits into my fishing bag and sorting it out by the lake . Took me ages to get a bait in the water , and I found it all a bit stressful .

I thought Morris Dancing was outdoors? , otherwise you Wife will have bells on your fishing suit .

I'm glad you've left 14th February free .

😃

No, it's in doors Morris dancing...

10th Feb will be day session, 11th Feb our wedding anniversary,  12th Feb little en has a cup game, 13th Feb little ens birthday (I'm.off work he at school) so day session, 14th Feb I'm 12 hr shift at work, but a Card n flowers will do.

12 minutes ago, Highy said:

No, it's in doors Morris dancing...

10th Feb will be day session, 11th Feb our wedding anniversary,  12th Feb little en has a cup game, 13th Feb little ens birthday (I'm.off work he at school) so day session, 14th Feb I'm 12 hr shift at work, but a Card n flowers will do.

Busy 5 days , Highy .

" Card n flowers will do " - you sound like a Plusnet advert , but that's a different county , and I don't want to start a rumble .

😁

Just now, crusian said:

Busy 5 days , Highy .

" Card n flowers will do " - you sound like a Plusnet advert , but that's a different county , and I don't want to start a rumble .

😁

I don't really do Valentines,  just a rip off day really, but I have already bought wedding anniversary gift....its 11 years "Steel" anniversary.....so its a steel statue of a pair of hands with our wedding date on....and a Card 😁

23 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

The syndicate i fish still had a lid on all the lakes this morning so it may have been a wasted trip anyway pal, in hoping to start soon again, got to broach the subject of regular work over nighters,as I didn't get to fish anywhere near enough last year I feel that's my best chance of getting out going forward 

My park lake is a decent winter water, but I may have ended up on my club lake.