Rod Shots

Fingers crossed for you Ouch. 

My trip has been postponed for a fortnight.

I've managed to get a good mate & very good angler I know, a winter ticket.Hopefully improve the knowledge & get onto the fish. 

My usual buddy hasn't been since all his gear got nicked at Xmas. 

1 hour ago, ouchthathurt said:

Out for another overnighter tonight, got the lake to myself, wind was hacking into my face, moon is looking full, nice drizzle earlier, carp poking their heads out… fingers crossed I get one. Lakes been fishing poor recently. E36B3CD3-BFFA-42FC-9596-2239C2007A9B.thumb.jpeg.be8f538429fd1b256308990cbaafdbae.jpeg

Good luck mate 😁👍

IMG_20221009_074602.thumb.jpg.d4f389537d48ced5c6e7320b8e6f2416.jpg

That was about as exciting as that night got, blanked, I did have some fizzing over my right hand spot then but that's as close as I got, made a right mess of it tbh, should've gone in another swim but etiquette made me choose this one away from the only 2 anglers on the lake there were still fish present but finding spots seemed to send them away,then it was just a bit of a rush job, someone else(a vangler) went in that swim just before dusk and had one within an hour 😢

Annoyed with myself now, and also in deep thought about why I haven't got the same enthusiasm for the place anymore? I've not had the drive and I don't think I've been able to get anything going this year, we shall see might just have a rest from it for a bit and see if that returns 

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

That was about as exciting as that night got, blanked, I did have some fizzing over my right hand spot then but that's as close as I got, made a right mess of it tbh, should've gone in another swim but etiquette made me choose this one away from the only 2 anglers on the lake there were still fish present but finding spots seemed to send them away,then it was just a bit of a rush job, someone else(a vangler) went in that swim just before dusk and had one within an hour 😢

Annoyed with myself now, and also in deep thought about why I haven't got the same enthusiasm for the place anymore? I've not had the drive and I don't think I've been able to get anything going this year, we shall see might just have a rest from it for a bit and see if that returns 

Hang in there Elmo 👍

On 09/10/2022 at 13:11, elmoputney said:

Well wasn't it Finchey , and someone else who I can't remember 🤔 , lost their mojo , but then came back to the fold , and mixed it up a bit with different species .

😃

8 hours ago, finchey said:

Good luck and enjoy B B. 😁👍🎣

3 small carp biggest 7lb ish on the feeder and a small carp and couple of skimmers on the float rod. Had a slow bite on the feeder but pulled into thin air nothing..there was a clean cut on the line maybe a Pike 🤔 did have a spin about at dusk but not a sniff.  Lovely day   👍 

9B32FAB0-541E-40AE-B4D9-2AACBE1391D5.thumb.jpeg.830405497741948702cd2c5f8e712b75.jpeganother day, another venue, a new set of challenges. Yesterdays lake was a silty, disused reservoir. Todays venue is a small, snaggy old gravel pit. Fished small pva bags, 1oz leads on 5” braided hooklinks tight to the margins just off the reeds. 1DE49E77-FE09-4F3F-B9FB-13BE35B32477.thumb.jpeg.270322c0c2c5dd56cfe40e2d7c23cdde.jpeghad a lil un and a few 5-6lb bream