Rod Shots

Giving the new Sonik Alarms a run out....been here since after work (3pm ish)

Started off middle of the Lake side of the Aerator, little en had a few knocks on the Blue Alarm (Man City colour he said).

Screenshot_20220817-195231_Gallery.thumb.jpg.b8580477266791a9e8b1b50923dbce9a.jpg

Screenshot_20220817-195211_Gallery.thumb.jpg.875e866d2e07396416ea4cd3696048d0.jpg

Screenshot_20220817-195221_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f808bc2bc7929d2ab24afe60e4c40ed5.jpg

Moved down to the Snags for last hour.

Screenshot_20220817-195242_Gallery.thumb.jpg.b64b8e8892940a87b311481dfc8c45c3.jpg

Screenshot_20220817-195252_Gallery.thumb.jpg.940cfe509d79b23129e518ef1d520a35.jpg

Overall they have performed well, had a play about with Sensitivity on them which is quite good, started off listening through the receiver,  then put onto the Alarms on volume 1 and are quite loud.....

So far as I've wrote this, only 1 run on my Red alarm, 2 runs on the Blue alarm....think they were either aborted takes or savage liners (not back leaded this time)

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_20220827_190353.thumb.jpg.444284a0e7e266a5861c4ec771139e61.jpg

View from my balcony this eve, too late to even think about fishing tonight, might have a go in the morning, done in now was a long old drive, set out at 5am got here at 6pm  local time, heard a few lumping out though, bonjour to the lumps hopefully see you soon he reckons there is 10 40lbs in here I want one 😀

3 minutes ago, B B said:

Any ***** yet ? 

Nothing yet, it's abit hard going, every lake on the complex is about 3/4ft down, only seen/heard of 3 fish out since I got here.....but I'm hereing some lumps now in the dark....Still got plenty time 😁

Edited by Highy

11 hours ago, elmoputney said:

IMG_20220827_190353.thumb.jpg.444284a0e7e266a5861c4ec771139e61.jpg

View from my balcony this eve, too late to even think about fishing tonight, might have a go in the morning, done in now was a long old drive, set out at 5am got here at 6pm  local time, heard a few lumping out though, bonjour to the lumps hopefully see you soon he reckons there is 10 40lbs in here I want one 😀

Very best of luck Elmo 👍
just the one 40? 🤔

1 hour ago, crusian said:

That Carp looks in pristine condition , and you don't look too bad yourself ,Elmo .

😁

Overwraps on head isn't a strong look though, gone for it this afternoon piled in a bucket of munga, using the lesser known x spod aimed at a bait boat method of baiting, rsther than being sensible and using a marker float, hit the clip and aim the boat St the rings nice, I then pulted a load of boilies all around the area, because I felt a little too accurate, seen a couple of shows since though just off it, dinner then I think I am gonna do the night in the fox eos 2 man lovely jubbly 

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Overwraps on head isn't a strong look though, gone for it this afternoon piled in a bucket of munga, using the lesser known x spod aimed at a bait boat method of baiting, rsther than being sensible and using a marker float, hit the clip and aim the boat St the rings nice, I then pulted a load of boilies all around the area, because I felt a little too accurate, seen a couple of shows since though just off it, dinner then I think I am gonna do the night in the fox eos 2 man lovely jubbly 

Well in elmo, hope the trip is to remember for the family...

Update to follow ? 👍🎣

On 28/08/2022 at 19:20, Highy said:

Well in elmo, hope the trip is to remember for the family...

Update to follow ? 👍🎣

Lil update a blank night Sunday, Monday night I had a mat shot common about mid double off my new margin spot and got done by one also, first night I've managed to get 3 rods out tonight, I seem to have had some issues last couple of nights😀 but I've baited the margin spot for a couple of days now so plenty of time for them to find it,last night I started of with a tench on my roving rod, I then had to wait till midnight or so when I got a screamer that pulled the rod off the alarm, I bent into it and then more or less straight away the hook pulled, reeled it in and it was bent a lot straighter 😢(size 4 wide gape) then I finally fell asleep, when my margin rod burst into life, strong battle from a 16lb mirror which really upset a duck in the margins, and a meaty tench off the margin rod this morning brings me up to date for now, dumped quite a lot of bait in the margin spot and will rest it for the day now, 2 nights left I want a bigger one 

Tonight's weather is thunder and lightning with rain, biggun weather I hope, I'm out in the eos 2 man Palace front row seat to the lightning shows, pretty amazing as there is hardly any light pollution here, just hoping for some sound pollution from the old receiver box know what I mean 😏😏, (it can wait till it isn't lightning though) I'm not that silly 😂

I will actually do a Rod shot this week, I've moved them 3 or 4 times, I've got them at a jaunty angle today at the other end of the swim 😎

16 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Tonight's weather is thunder and lightning with rain, biggun weather I hope, I'm out in the eos 2 man Palace front row seat to the lightning shows, pretty amazing as there is hardly any light pollution here, just hoping for some sound pollution from the old receiver box know what I mean 😏😏, (it can wait till it isn't lightning though) I'm not that silly 😂

I will actually do a Rod shot this week, I've moved them 3 or 4 times, I've got them at a jaunty angle today at the other end of the swim 😎

Best of luck Elmo  🤞

Morning has broken IMG_20220901_082448.thumb.jpg.87abebfec218a6f59f999c8d85d93528.jpg

Caught another one off the spot and a couple of snotty tench last night, getting bigger, 24lb common fought like a maniac too and weirdly it seemed to happen at the right time, I had just woken up and had a tiddle, just standing by my rods thinking why haven't they gone off yet then boom it was away, I was on it before the attx had even sounded and quite a pleasant looking one as well, hanging it out down here for as long as I dare but we are going out today, I'm treating tonight as the last night as we have to leave quite early Saturday, come on le bigguns, I've loved having a lake to myself though, gonna miss it, 

Better start bringing them in I spose 😢