Rod Shots

1 hour ago, B B said:

Thanks and will do… at the mo zigs are out, I only made up zigs to fish left the bottom baits at home that way I can’t get tempted to put a bottom rig on…. Zig or bust  🤞

You're braver than me mate, I couldn't go fishing without bottom baits, I just don't have the confidence in zigs but I suppose if I don't use them I'll never get the confidence.😁👍🎣🎣

1 minute ago, finchey said:

You're braver than me mate, I couldn't go fishing without bottom baits, I just don't have the confidence in zigs but I suppose if I don't use them I'll never get the confidence.😁👍🎣🎣

Think I'll have at least 1 on a Zig next week... 

The weather has been lovely today, done a couple deliveries in the sticks and gone past a few ponds which you could see some fish near the surface. It's gave me the urge to get the rods out again. 

Thinking about going to the reservoir this weekend and trying for a carp👌

it'll just been finding them in 91 acres of water 😆

11 hours ago, finchey said:

let us know how you get on

Had no fish but still had a great day, got to meet more members nice bunch of lads and learnt a bit. The time flew past, bit of radio on, world service + radio 4 extra and reading a book on the kindle. 
Nx trip is a 48 hr with my mate at linear fisheries Oxfordshire next Tuesday. 

Rod n dog shot in one, planning to get to the island, there had been a swan bullying the gease he was watching that, then as i was spombing the swan came over and pecked the staging for a dropped bait, fred flew at it and snapped the catches on his coat, it's just a cheap on from BM, he stopped on the very edge of the platform and saw the swan off. so i popped his harness over his coat and went to sort the spomb rod out, just seen a blue flash fly into the lake and start heading for the island where the swan went. shocked him a bit due to how heavy the coat got.  he did make to the island just, the swim back was a struggle and yes i would of went in if need be. 

20220426_142414.jpg

1 hour ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

Fred would of been brown bread if he was in the water with a cob with cygnets…

possibly, it's why i'm getting a choke collar and stake out line not something i want from a dog, thing with these dogs they are always looking to get into trouble, fred can test my patience i don't mind saying, we are starting to get the best from him, admittedly, i have had to discipline the pup out of him the fast way. he has spent two years just doing what he wants as a indoor dog so no wonder he is a bit lively, his recall is getting good but he will never be an off lead dog. he will be the ideal carp dog by June.