Rod Shots

9 minutes ago, Highy said:

Nope.... (wife)... Sorry life, got in the way.... Plus side is, I'm on a weeks leave from work. 

That's a pity I'm on tomorrow, I thought we could have a catch up, maybe next time mate. If you get on in the week give us a shout and I'll try and nip down, I'm on nights this week so I should be able to nip for a chat. 👍

3 hours ago, finchey said:

Are you not going to make it onto the bank at all this weekend. 

No sorry pal... Not this week either... Maybe next weekend... 

1 hour ago, crusian said:

So people go back to work on Tues. / families have gone away on holiday , and you are left in relative peace to go fishing ? 🤞.

Nope... Wife off work also, little en back school Tuesday... 

28 minutes ago, Highy said:

Good luck Keith... Is that the Double (ish) peg?... If so, get 1 side of earator, 11.5 wraps, 1 under tree... Decent peg that. 

Yes I'm on that peg and thats roughly were I'm fishing give or take. Your mate mark is doing 24 today but I don't know if he's on yet. 😁👍

13 minutes ago, Highy said:

How doing Keith, Marks a few pegs up n had a 14lb mirror... 

Nice one.  I've had a 10lb common. Very quiet fish wise I got told it was very busy yesterday and it got filled in with bait everybody spombing, maybe to much bait went in, I didn't see a fish till around 4:30 in my part of the lake anyway. We'll see what the night brings. 😁👍

On 15/04/2022 at 17:55, Highy said:

No sorry pal... Not this week either... Maybe next weekend... 

Nope... Wife off work also, little en back school Tuesday... 

So with your Wife off work also are you expected to go shopping , and do couple things like going to the pictures ? .

😱

14 minutes ago, finchey said:

Nice one.  I've had a 10lb common. Very quiet fish wise I got told it was very busy yesterday and it got filled in with bait everybody spombing, maybe to much bait went in, I didn't see a fish till around 4:30 in my part of the lake anyway. We'll see what the night brings. 😁👍

He's fishing margins, on slack lines, Pop up corn. 

9 minutes ago, crusian said:

It does look very smart .

Does your Wife appreciate all your hard work , Highy ? ; I daren't tell my Wife about all your D.I.Y. , you make me look pathetic 😭

She sometimes helps out... She good en really... 

4 minutes ago, finchey said:

I've had one in the margins just in front of tree not a touch on that, my fish came from the middle near aerator. 👍

Both decent areas 👌

6 hours ago, Highy said:

Anything else Keith?.... Mate has had 5 n lost 3...

No mate it was grim, I sat it out for the night i think I had 2 liners and was going to move in the morning but couldn't be bothered so packed up at 8 so I could spend the day with my family. There's always next time.😁👍

I'm out Friday now, and this is a 50/60 Yr old pond/lake.... I think there's some wary wild old carp in here and think I will be on the naturals bait.... Corn, Hemp, Maize, Tigers.... Maybe even Maggots 

Will try some crumbed up Manilla also. 

At the new venue (since about 3pm) it's a small intimate place. 

Had the deeper out to check the lake bed... Its n down in a few places, about 5ft on average, seen lots of greenery, turns out to be lily beds coming up about 2ft off the bottom already. 

Lost 1 fish already to a hook pull. 

Keeping it simple on corn n pellet. 

Screenshot_20220422_185815.thumb.jpg.ca1e3f8826e7ecfc637bf30e91ac408d.jpg

Screenshot_20220422_185829.thumb.jpg.fa554253ba728f49d0d7d354d459dce6.jpg

Screenshot_20220422_185846.thumb.jpg.16de108df05900872db6557187192766.jpg

Screenshot_20220422_185919.thumb.jpg.7b0c3344f87ff49d68d02ab4a313d67b.jpg

I've asked about the social media side and they're fine with it. 

1 hour ago, Highy said:

At the new venue (since about 3pm) it's a small intamate place. 

Had the deeper out to check the lake bed... Its n down in a few places, about 5ft on average, seen lots of greenery, turns out to be lolly beds coming up about 2ft off the bottom already. 

Lost 1 fish already to a hook pull. 

Keeping it simple on corn n pellet. 

Screenshot_20220422_185815.thumb.jpg.ca1e3f8826e7ecfc637bf30e91ac408d.jpg

Screenshot_20220422_185829.thumb.jpg.fa554253ba728f49d0d7d354d459dce6.jpg

Screenshot_20220422_185846.thumb.jpg.16de108df05900872db6557187192766.jpg

Screenshot_20220422_185919.thumb.jpg.7b0c3344f87ff49d68d02ab4a313d67b.jpg

I've asked about the social media side and there fine with it. 

Iv fished what looks like a similar water to that, with lots of pegs and done well with casting near or under the stages, after walking over and feeding with pellets and corn and hemp, your pegs are quite close so maybe every 3rd… looks like a match lake  ?  🤔

best of luck Highy 

19 hours ago, B B said:

Iv fished what looks like a similar water to that, with lots of pegs and done well with casting near or under the stages, after walking over and feeding with pellets and corn and hemp, your pegs are quite close so maybe every 3rd… looks like a match lake  ?  🤔

best of luck Highy 

There's 2 lakes more or less side by side, the bigger lake is the match lake, this used to be 1, but now is the "Carp" lake, but not many carpers, just pleasure.