Rod Shots

22 minutes ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

🤔learn something new everyday...

Yeah with Google and stuff we've never had it so good for fact finding and learning, I just wondered what went into the lead to make it really,

So maybe it is leads, maybe emmcee could tell us if a lot of leads do get dropped in there ? 

You could be correct Elmo although I would imagine it would take a lot of leads to make an impact plus most people use coated leads . Certainly interesting to know what has caused the high levels , any illegal fly tipping near by or farmers fertilisers getting into the water coarse ?

We’ve got a water that has amonia that leeches into it,the fish should all be dead but they over the years have survived. It’s a stunning water but it’s very rarely fish able the club are forever closing it. Some of the fish are deformed due to the water quality 😒😒

The metals could already be naturally in the earth the water is in I doubt it’s to do with dropping the leads,but I could be wrong 

14 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

We’ve got a water that has amonia that leeches into it,the fish should all be dead but they over the years have survived. It’s a stunning water but it’s very rarely fish able the club are forever closing it. Some of the fish are deformed due to the water quality 😒😒

The metals could already be naturally in the earth the water is in I doubt it’s to do with dropping the leads,but I could be wrong 

I would like to think it isn't to do with leads dropping but I do wonder sometimes , 4x4oz leads is a lb of lead in and I bet some people drop a lot more than that in a session, 

Also how long has the lead dropping craze been around ? At least 20 years I would say that's probably enough for a load to be decomposing 

So if 30 anglers dropped two 2oz leads a week into there lake, for the last 20 years that would be 7800lbs of lead dumped in the lake and that's probably a generous figure on some lakes 

Edited by elmoputney

9 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Also how long has the lead dropping craze been around ? At least 20 years I would say that's probably enough for a load to be decomposing 

So if 30 anglers dropped two 2oz leads a week into there lake, for the last 20 years that would be 7800lbs of lead dumped in the lake and that's probably a generous figure on some lakes 

Why are waters round the country not affected if dropping leads is the problem. I personally only drop leads as a last resort but that’s more to do with me being a tight ars e northerner 😂😂😬

3 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

Why are waters round the country not affected if dropping leads is the problem. I personally only drop leads as a last resort but that’s more to do with me being a tight ars e northerner 😂😂😬

I guess different substrates and types of water may cause different chemical reactions maybe 

I am too tight to drop leads also unless something goes wrong usually I don't think its necessary tbh 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

The lead coating needs to break down 1st before the lead break down , waters were probably exposed to more lead before the small sizes werre banned  . I like your theory but still think its probably fertilizer made its way into the water course . 

6 minutes ago, oscsha said:

The lead coating needs to break down 1st before the lead break down , waters were probably exposed to more lead before the small sizes werre banned  . I like your theory but still think its probably fertilizer made its way into the water course . 

I am not suggesting it is for sure, it's just an idea, I did hear something about when they restored redmire they had to re course the drainage from a near field as that Was filling it up with Silt and stinky winky so it's also a plausible theory 

4 hours ago, snowmanstevo said:

https://lymmanglingblog.wordpress.com/2012/09/15/history-of-whitley-pool-by-jason-webb/amp/

Bit of history there and unfortunately the problems we have with the water. 😒

fished it once a good few years back caught a few fish not one of the mis shaped ones though 

another tight northerner here lol