Rod Shots

57 minutes ago, Highy said:

Zigs plain and in Pineapple Goo...Manilla Wafters n Pop ups...Bread...Maggots all of em...NOTHING

Mate I know it’s local for you and your putting the effort in but you can only catch what’s in front of you...... come on lad get on the lymm card I’ll put ya on some fish and ya lad fishes free on ya licence me and my mate would do a few sessions with ya and trust me give it a bash and you wouldn’t look back 😉😎🎣

12 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

Mate I know it’s local for you and your putting the effort in but you can only catch what’s in front of you...... come on lad get on the lymm card I’ll put ya on some fish and ya lad fishes free on ya licence me and my mate would do a few sessions with ya and trust me give it a bash and you wouldn’t look back 😉😎🎣

Cheers Stevo...Lymm Card is deffo looking at for next year...but my 2 local waters on the Wigan £35 until December 31st i cant go wrong...i will DEFFO be looking at from New Year...but will also take you up on your offer 👍👍

24 minutes ago, Highy said:

Cheers Stevo...Lymm Card is deffo looking at for next year...but my 2 local waters on the Wigan £35 until December 31st i cant go wrong...i will DEFFO be looking at from New Year...but will also take you up on your offer 👍👍

The money you’ve spent on kit pales into insignificance compared to a decent club book😉

I see your enthusiasm and even tho your happy with your angling us northern anglers have to get on our bike a bit. If the M6 is happy your 25 mins away from fish that will blow your mind. Jump in you’ll not regret it mate.😉😎🎣

20 hours ago, emmcee said:

Once the carp started spawning last year I sea fished until late September and loved it. I'll be doing the same this year. I'm an hour and 15mins to my nearest coast but worth the drive. Had quite a few different species last year and got a massive buzz out of catching every one. And not afraid to say I had a big a buzz catching a new species,  some only the size of my hand as I do when catching a 30lb carp. Certainly gave me food for thought.  I'm after a double figure smooth hound this year. Meant to be absolute rockets once hooked. 

I was fishing off Staithes harbour last summer mainly small rock fish coming out, did have something big  on though, a seal taking a fish off the hook great big gray thing broke the water behind my rig as i reeled in. Was hoping for a smooth hound myself, Skegness is said to be a good spot for smoothhound fishing, ex carp angler i was talking to says they take off up and down the beach, Skeggy would be nearest to me but that is still a three hour drive.

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

I was fishing off Staithes harbour last summer mainly small rock fish coming out, did have something big  on though, a seal taking a fish off the hook great big gray thing broke the water behind my rig as i reeled in. Was hoping for a smooth hound myself, Skegness is said to be a good spot for smoothhound fishing, ex carp angler i was talking to says they take off up and down the beach, Skeggy would be nearest to me but that is still a three hour drive.

Oh you are a long drive to the coast. I had a few small smooth hounds , probably a pound or 2 at most. I did have a 9lb undulate ray last summer.  Absolutely cracking creature. Wouldn't mind a few more of those 

8 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

I see a Matt Hayes carp programme the other day and he had bright red line 🤔. Why?

The first color that disappears as light (sunnier the better) penetrates water is red which explains why red line is so effective. Red line disappears at 5 to 30 feet of water.

To make more effect a clear flourocaban leader (new fox) would be ideal.

Edited by Highy

6 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

Why doesn’t every company make red line then?

Probably depending on colour / clarity of the lake...muddy/silty lakes go for camo or darker colours...clearer waters go for clear or lighter colours...

Or peoples preference to the company/manufacturers what they have faith in.

1 hour ago, Dannygooner said:

I see a Matt Hayes carp programme the other day and he had bright red line 🤔. Why?

24 minutes ago, Highy said:

Probably depending on colour / clarity of the lake...muddy/silty lakes go for camo or darker colours...clearer waters go for clear or lighter colours...

Or peoples preference to the company/manufacturers what they have faith in.

I THINK that people don't use red line for fear of being laughed at ? , therefore there's not  a big market for a red line so companies don't sell it .

Probably .

🤔