Rod Shots

11 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

That's some Bed of water 

Yeah, its a good size reservoir lake, maxs out 70 something feet deep around the dam.

14 minutes ago, ianain said:

Bit of a contrast to your last picture of the same location Tn, it's like being in Wales (weather wise.)

Yeah, the weather here can be extremely erractic sometimes. Sunny one day, pouring rain the next, then sunny, then rain etc. In the december the year before last, we had around 4°C weather earlier in the month if I recall correctly, but around christmas the air temp was around 23°C.

Never quite know what the weather is going the be(the weather people on the news doesn't really know either:lol:), so it sometimes can be hard to make plans around the weather.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, its a reservoir called Tellico lake that I live near. Its a beautiful lake, clearer water than most other lakes near where I live(Fort Loudon, Watts Bar, and Melton Hill), but carp are slightly harder to catch than, say, Fort Loudon, which has a canal linking the two.

I've been to Dale Hollow, which is about a two hour plus drive northwest from where I live. Its a beautiful lake, with the shoreline often being steep bluffs dropping into deep water, at least the section I visited, which was the western part of the reservoir, near the dam.

• 3 weeks later...

20180213_130546.thumb.jpg.c48fe3177fecbac7a1c86f3dd423a90e.jpg

First decent day in days, been mostly rain, rain, and more rain recently, very heavy rain too. Alot of flooding, but had some advantages, as the rain increased the lake level so much I'm able to fish one of my prime locations.

No doubt they will drain the reservoir back down to winter levels, but at least I'll get to try the spot much sooner than normal.:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Highy said:

20180320_201704.thumb.png.be5402e32b725b53d8452e0f6e54850a.png

Watching a vlog on a subscribed channel....paused and screen shot this...

Anyone been in this situation....

MENTAL....or dedication 😨😨

But did they catch....or just enjoy the time spent on the bank I’ve not been out in it to that extent but I still fish in the snow

1 hour ago, carpmachine said:

The catch windows are short and moving, with the temps and the light, too many hours wasted  for  my liking, i go fishng to catch fish, the speceis are irrelivant to me, just as happy with, tench, bream or chub, pike, perch and cats, or a day throwing a fly line, doesnt matter, the thing i always keep in perspective is whats my chances, if i reckon low, its no go, but thats me, i have watched and learned from master fly fishermen, it was expensive to buy a day ticket and we didnt have much money, you fished, you had to catch, it bought your next ticket, i apply that to all my angling, rightly or wrongly, why waste time and money.

I don't expect to catch in the winter unless I get lucky..... But tbh, I think that any winter fishing I've done, post New Year, has been all about preparing for the coming Spring. Spotting some fish movement or trickling some bait in. Not sure if it makes any real difference, but I feel more confident if I've fished a little, on the run up to everything waking up...... Then, of course, "Jonny 1 sesh" turns up in May, and hooks the biggun, oh well, that's fishing. :)

5 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

I just wonder how much someone must hate their home life to want to go fishing in this lol

Absolutely nothing to do with hating home life..... I have an amazing fiancé and two amazing kids to go home to,but I also have a passion for fishing..... 

what makes me wonder how much someone hates their home life is example a) someone that goes to the pub on a Friday and Saturday night and gets legless and has nothing to show for it apart from a hang over, their dirty laundry aired all over face bait  and a bank balance They can’t bare to look at 🤣😂 I’d rather wake up to that beautiful view 

9 hours ago, carpmachine said:

I reckon that bait prep makes a real difference, i havee held back this year due to conditons but its gong to start going in now, i dont intend fishing till  the clocks change, thats my rule.

changing on sunday arent they? I'm beating the long easter weekend rush by doing thursday night. may sneak friday night in too. depends how it goes!

9 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

Is this what you used to do then? Lol. Can honestly say I never have or know of ppl that do this . Facebook is for wallies for a start. I'd take the pub , legless and skint over sitting in that not catching anyday lol. Each to their own eh

No mate I hardly drink for a start 😝, but when the rare opportunity arises for me to go fishing I’m going come sun or snow I spend plenty of time with kids etc and unfortunately know of plenty of people that spend half their time in the pub, as you say each to his/her own and I wholeheartedly agree with you on that, I just prefer the fishing to the drinking.  

Just winds me up a touch when people make sweeping statements such as the bad homelife one.....no doubt you will find guys on the bank that are trying to avoid the mrs or kids or both But they do that whatever the weather.

either way wasn’t picking a fight 😘