Korda Underwater 8 duplicate setup

I am wanting to duplicate a setup Ali used on Korda Underwater 8. He has an inline lead running up the leader but on the leader he has a bead, the lead hits the bead and acts as a shocker to help hook the fish. Im not sure how to set this up and make it safe. He says the bead is around the tungsten on the safe zone leader, does that mean the tungsten that is embedded inside the leader or has he put some tungsten putty around the leader? And how can the bead and lead come off if the mainline snaps?

I have a picture of the rig:

Ali.jpg

i have searched online for the underwater 8 vid but cant find it at any of my usual sources, and thats bad for a 2-3 yr old piece.

it looks to me as if he has got the bead on a tail rubber/rig tube or a bit of putty rolled up the line, eitherway i would think that it would slide up the leader with a little pressure whereas if it was hit by the lead on a take the bead would act as a temporary brake on the lead.

if the pressure on the bead was constant as in the lead pushing the bead it would slide up and free the ledger so making it a safe rig.

if i could have found the vid of ali making it up then i would have been able to give a better synopsis. :wink:

I would say no. All you are doing is trying to stall the in line lead as the line is pulled through it on a take.

Good I'm glad you said that because I used to incorporate a shocker rig using either a couple of large sinkers and a small rubber bead or , more recently one of the Avid elasticated dropper thingys .

Pretty much how I had my " naked" Choddy set up .

Sounds like Uncle Ali is trying to flog a few (un:)) safe zone leaders :wink:

Edited by newmarket

Good I'm glad you said that because I used to incorporate a shocker rig using either a couple of large sinkers and a small rubber bead or , more recently one of the Avid elasticated dropper thingys .

Pretty much how I had my " naked" Choddy set up .

Sounds like Uncle Ali is trying to flog a few (un:)) safe zone leaders :wink:

Tim, you do know that the name 'safezone' does not refer to the kit being safe dont ya??

its called safezone as it is supposed to be invisible or under the radar so the fish feel safe, talk about missnaming things eh!  :evil:

The bead sits on the tungsten that is fused into the leader. Basically trying to get you to buy more Korda gear lol

OK, I just couldn't figure out the size of bead needed, plus how it would be a safe rig should the main line snap? I prefer not to use a leader if possible to be honest, would it be possible to set up a similar system without one?

Tim, you do know that the name 'safezone' does not refer to the kit being safe dont ya??

its called safezone as it is supposed to be invisible or under the radar so the fish feel safe, talk about missnaming things eh! :evil:

Yeah I knew mate , It was just me being facetious :)

OK, I just couldn't figure out the size of bead needed, plus how it would be a safe rig should the main line snap? I prefer not to use a leader if possible to be honest, would it be possible to set up a similar system without one?

Maver Match This Grip Stops!

Basically like a small ledger or float stop bead that slide onto the line :wink:

I use them for stopping my swimfeeders sliding down over my loop to loop when roach fishing, but they will hold a lead for a 'shocker', but in the event of a snap-off slide free.