July Catches

muftyboy

I did think the pic you posted was of the 19,it's just the way you worded the post I think,mate.

Yep your right mate, I just uploaded 1 out of the 4 and posted it without looking at the inferance, having had the negative i will in future be very careful, It's funny you should mention negative comments regarding photos i must be special :) as knowone else seems to have been affected  :roll: 

Come and get it, see you soon, i reckon he is a bit light on the weights, Northamptonshire play it down, well done our Kev.

It just goes to show we all look at these photos different cm .... as I don't think that looks anywhere near 19 lb .

Especially with your arms out over a cradle.

Well done on catching a few though snoozer 8)

Didn't say he was lying just pointed out how we all look at these photos differently.

God you lot are a bunch of wets .... Can't even have a discussion without you acting like your hard done by . It was cm saying you under play your weights that made me think that doesn't even look 19 lb 14 .

You crack on catching your simmos ....I won't comment again .

It just goes to show we all look at these photos different cm .... as I don't think that looks anywhere near 19 lb .

Especially with your arms out over a cradle.

Well done on catching a few though snoozer 8)

I must admit I was thinking exactly the same .

Glad you said something as it turns out it wasn't 19lb 14 after all !

Yep your right mate, I just uploaded 1 out of the 4 and posted it without looking at the inferance, having had the negative i will in future be very careful, It's funny you should mention negative comments regarding photos i must be special :) as knowone else seems to have been affected  :roll:

I've had a bit of stick  before for blurry photos and guessed weights, i bought a set of NGT scales in the end...lol

Now i can't post photos anyway, might have to try a bit of floater fishing up pine pool next week, i'm of to CMs neck of the woods again this week, so that will have to wait. 

Nice fish all, that Tench Nick had is a bit special, nice to see nazing is starting to give them up, you sure have stuck at it.

That was a funny two days, funny as in odd, the fish were showing all over the lake, but not really eating bait, set up in a peg with a big weed bed in front of me, as there were some real big fish sitting on top of it, put one rod on the far margin the other side of the weed bed, one rod in the near margin, and a chod on top of the weed bed close in, had nothing on the two margin rods, and one take on the chod, it pretty much spat it out as soon as i picked the rod up, nice fish as well.

The next day i moved pegs and fished all three rods to the far margin, well spread out, had a small common this morning, i was pleased with that, as finding a clear spot and getting a rod on it is not easy with the amount of weed in the water, the fish are loving it, they seem to be picking up a bait a heading straight for the thick weed, it's like they know what they are doing.

I find they do that in every lake in the Valley fella!!!

Seems there are a lot of good carp waters along the Nene, would be good if the locals (CM & co) listed some of the better day ticket waters, i like it around there, there is always some wildlife about that i don't normally see,  there was another Adder sitting on the back road, couple of wood peckers and either a Stoat or a Weasel type thing running in front of my bivey last night, the gaffer must think i don't get out of the city much, i keep on texting him to let him know there are Adders and maybe a Mink or Stoat/Weasel on the lake, his reply was; yeah, i know they live there. :oops:

Your beasty comments amused me so much, i would love to have seen Chrissys face when he got your  messages, but on a serious note, the majority of snakes particularly swimming will be grass snacks but there are a lot of adders in this area so mind where you tread, Rocky the GSD at Castle Ashby was killed by one and we did have a year when warning signs were put up about them and there was loads.

I reckon i will be leaving my dog at home from now until September-ish  one snake was swimming so that would be a Grass snake, two others were Adders

Been getting out about when i can , not so much this year few health issue

and work and life etc etc blah blah ..

But i have had a few in the Net so far this Month which includes my PB while float fishing a waggler a Common of 24 and half pounds  ,  These Ontario Rivers Just keep on giving ..

Though Most  of the fish  have been caught  using a small method feeder of Oats, Cream Corn Maze Chic Pea and Jelly powder mix , with a hook bait of Gulp Power maggots and a bit of rubber corn hair rigged to a size 8 hook 12 pound line and 9 ft Wychwood rod (   really is a all round  perfect river Rod ) .

13606957_10157043753145290_8676481945115

The Swim.. the  24 pounder Float fishing Waggler ...............

13585015_10157045672025290_7773594976355

contents of my tackle box ..

13615131_10157073686215290_2058546604813Another 24 pounder ..

13716183_10157103021320290_4716376924123

Double Bubble ..

13669059_10157103021585290_3446846388599

lean and mean fighting Machine ..

13620185_10157103021560290_7789481541942

The Rig 

13620093_10157103021340290_6154602756051

Another short session but over night this time. Got the rods sorted by about 10pm.

Lost one at 11.30pm. Landed one at 12.30am. Then lost one in a snag at 6am. I'm glad I have a boat on the lake as it meant I could reel right up to the snag and check that the fish was free.

IMG_5157_zpsk5idnnr8.jpg

Cheers Steve. Yeah, they are corkers, that's for sure. Its what Shropshire carp are all about - well, true Shropshire fish anyhow. That's why it's called secret Shropshire! There are quite a few meres that hold them, but just try getting on them!!!!!!!! I'm very privileged. 

The majority of the lakes I am a member of, as you know, are strictly non publicity - even scenic shots are forbidden on social media and print etc.

This one is ok, but no giving anything away that could give the venue up. My other syndicate is the same but I have had a ticket for two years now and not wet a line there yet. A lot of them are also sssi, meaning traditional close season as well!