July Catches

muftyboy

Congratulations Mufty .

What is this " Killer Rig " , care to share ? .

:wink:

I've gone against the grain.

The lake is pretty much thick silt all over so I was using supple material and waiters or balanced baits to suit.

But I decided to go back to my tried and trusted bottom rig,which is basically a ten inch flouro rig on a running rig with a matching bottom bait to what I'm feeding.

Fishing at Nazeing for the last 2 nights was a bit of a change from my usual struggles, although I did manage to lose a fish.

After my usual Friday night after work 75 mile drive I arrived, and after a walk around chose a spot based on a hunch and avoiding other anglers.

After getting all 3 rods sorted and cast, followed by bivvy up and dinner I crashed out to be woken up At 1 am by a buzzer and a clicking spool as my Beastmaster let out line. At first I was convinced I had hooked a large tench as there was no scrap until the fish got close, in fact it ran around 100metres towards me , before fighting in the margins under the rod tip. It wasn't until it got close I realised it was a carp.

After netting and sorting, a 24lb mirror was returned after a couple of quick photos, just the fish as it was fighting more on the mat than it did in the water.

7e2585d7da4e4ab47c26ea71633dafdf_zpsohoh

Sorry if that sounds blasé, as 24lb is the fish of a lifetime to many many anglers, but I was more concerned with the fish than my own photo album

Later that night I lost a fish, 2bleeps no line taken or dropback, but woke up in the morning to discover that the fish had taken the lead into the weed bed around 20metres from where it was hooked and dumped me. Blooming Helicopter semi-fixed leads at over 120metres, even with tight lines and Delkims!

Saturday afternoon after recasting the left hand rod to the edge of the snags I had a couple of bleeps, then another series of clicks and bleeps as a proper take happened.

This time I was convinced I had hooked a carp, real fight out in midwater. It wasn't until it came close that I saw it was a beast of a tench, at which point I knew it was a personal best fish, and worthy.

12lb2oz a beast and definitely getting photos of her!

d9a1f718503cbfe268e09da9b32a00a7_zpsukyf

Fishing at Nazeing for the last 2 nights was a bit of a change from my usual struggles, although I did manage to lose a fish.

After my usual Friday night after work 75 mile drive I arrived, and after a walk around chose a spot based on a hunch and avoiding other anglers.

After getting all 3 rods sorted and cast, followed by bivvy up and dinner I crashed out to be woken up At 1 am by a buzzer and a clicking spool as my Beastmaster let out line. At first I was convinced I had hooked a large tench as there was no scrap until the fish got close, in fact it ran around 100metres towards me , before fighting in the margins under the rod tip. It wasn't until it got close I realised it was a carp.

After netting and sorting, a 24lb mirror was returned after a couple of quick photos, just the fish as it was fighting more on the mat than it did in the water.

7e2585d7da4e4ab47c26ea71633dafdf_zpsohoh

Sorry if that sounds blasé, as 24lb is the fish of a lifetime to many many anglers, but I was more concerned with the fish than my own photo album

Later that night I lost a fish, 2bleeps no line taken or dropback, but woke up in the morning to discover that the fish had taken the lead into the weed bed around 20metres from where it was hooked and dumped me. Blooming Helicopter semi-fixed leads at over 120metres, even with tight lines and Delkims!

Saturday afternoon after recasting the left hand rod to the edge of the snags I had a couple of bleeps, then another series of clicks and bleeps as a proper take happened.

This time I was convinced I had hooked a carp, real fight out in midwater. It wasn't until it came close that I saw it was a beast of a tench, at which point I knew it was a personal best fish, and worthy.

12lb2oz a beast and definitely getting photos of her!

d9a1f718503cbfe268e09da9b32a00a7_zpsukyf

Cracking fish mate, May I ask the reason for the camo netting??

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Cracking fish mate, May I ask the reason for the camo netting??

It stops pikies, travellers and thieving gits coming into the swim without me hearing at night. Basically it's covering the steps down, so I'd hear the thump as they jumped down, or rustle as they tried to remove it.

It's also handy for me as a height when doing self takes.

It stops pikies, travellers and thieving gits coming into the swim without me hearing at night. Basically it's covering the steps down, so I'd hear the thump as they jumped down, or rustle as they tried to remove it.

It's also handy for me as a height when doing self takes.

Fair enough

I gaurantee he is not lying, he does not want the venue overpopulated, taking photos and the angles is an art form., fish can look much bigger or smaller dependng on the shot, personally i wouldnt bother taking pictures of anything less than 25, and Ian will bear me out on that because he has seen me put a bigger fish back without any recording, who cares, they are for you and only passing interest to anyone else and get your venue swamped with undeserables, that was not his best fish or the stated weight and i respect my friends decision.

So I was right then it's not 19lb 14 oz .

If what your saying is true ..... which is always questionable :lol::wink:

Jeez i thought i was in the "Faking It Thread" ROTFLMAO-1.gif

Just to clarify i never stated that the fish posted was the biggest, In hindsight i may have erred as some member/s will have a dig no matter.

I typed so much more in reply but deleted it, For fear of "Feeding the Trolls"

Another from the session...................................

2016-07-10%2015.06.06_zps8xhmjjve.jpg

Most of the fish i post on here are the 12-15lb bracket and I've never had any negative comments about them. I did think the pic you posted was of the 19,it's just the way you worded the post I think,mate.

Oh and well done Mufty,consistent as ever,mate

Edited by snowmanstevo