Flaming June Catch Reports

salokcinnodrog

I can't claim credit for the title, it is a chapter in Rod Hutchinson's book The Carp Strikes Back, a very interesting read that will open a lot of eyes to bait and rigs even now :wink:

Anyway, who is going to start Flaming June's Catch Reports?

I'll kick it off then. After a tough couple of nights on horseshoe in the week, I decided for some more punishment and did a night on the syndicate last night. I got there about 9pm and had these two at 2.30am. As soon as the sun got up this morning, I headed home with the fish in the upper layers. We have banned zigs for a few weeks to encourage members to put a bit of bait in to help them after spawning! Otherwise I would have stopped till tea time!!!!

00b59a14ba3b6dfb6e0a93814710ab7f.jpg

91842b2af4df1d407657cd5815ae8b32.jpg

e6b8e17d207ee09a7ae16afd77e85ff0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fished a venue last weekend that I haven't visited in a while. Managed this 20lb common

28cd3c948a8a1004f500e2150082873d.jpg

The fish on my local water spawned 2 weeks ago. Thursday I decided to head back down. I had this common within 1 hour of arriving.

73f3fd097ae7099d67ba111638cdd01a.jpg

I thought my luck was in and the fish were truly on the munch after doing the deed......it wasn't to be, I had to wait 25 hours or so for the next bite, but it was well worth the wait....

cb42d6915b6a846588ccd0fef8d6246b.jpg

cead89bb5d54a153b55a1ac0d83b9320.jpg

39lb and the most brutal scrap I've ever encountered!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by superfly83

• 2 weeks later...

Sup campers, long time no post, not been on the bank since the horseshoe social and nothing on the horizon as yet :cry:

anyhow laddos still pulling a few out , using my gear so this p.b goes down as mine ...right? :mrgreen:

36.10%20carp_zpsuslkljht.jpg

36.10 from his syndicate

Wahay ! How's it 'anging matey ? :)

Since starting this month off with a couple of fish, I have not been since due to reasons that I won't go into on here but a very worrying time at my syndicate that I bailiff on.

Anyway, we opened the lake yesterday and with me going on holiday tomorrow, I had to get a night in!!!! Got to the lake just on dark and dropped into a swim that is mostly margin fishing. Just after sunrise, I had one to keep the fire burning whilst away!!!

adc461de82a6eae275943b73ec1f11c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well in you old hauler, those olld lillies are your best mates but they come with a price.

1 Hook pull :(

The other 2 were my fault :(

Yup they do like hiding just off them pads.

Jim lost 2 with the hook link breaking both times but i've advised him the same as you did for me so he's looking out some braid lol

Edited by snoozer