Proposed changes to the rod licences - not speculation

ianain

Hi all,

Here are the proposed changes from the Angling Trust Website

If you have any official comments to make on the proposals, you will need to respond before 6th June 2016, there is an e-mail address on the web site to respond to, I just find it confusing that the date of issue is 26th May 2016 giving 1 weeks notice to respond :confused:

The summary changes are to increased the standard licence to £30 for 2 rods and £45 for 3 rods.

No mention of 4 rods but presume it means buying 2 standard licences for £60?

So I make it a £5 saving for those who only use three rods, £5 increase for those who use one or two rods and a £10 increase for those who use four rods.

£3 increase for those who use 1 or 2 rods and £6 increase for those who use 4 rods (Current rod licence is £27 for two rods :wink: )

Rod licence runs from 365 days from date of issue rather than until the 31st of March, regardless of when it's purchased.

It's the first rod licence increase for a number of years and, in my opinion, it isn't over excessive.

For a lot of anglers who use 3 rods it's a £9 saving on todays prices, even after the increase (£45 as opposed to the £54 it costs this year).

It's all good in my opinion. Well done the EA.

Hi all,

Here are the proposed changes from the Angling Trust Website

So I make it a £5 saving for those who only use three rods, £5 increase for those who use one or two rods and a £10 increase for those who use four rods.

:roll: :roll:

£3 increase for those who use 1 or 2 rods and £6 increase for those who use 4 rods (Current rod licence is £27 for two rods :wink: )

you will have to excuse Ian Dal, he hasn't had a license since they were £25 :lol:

i actually do agree with the fee's, after all you quite willingly pay your tv license fee even if you are on virgin or bt, and even if you dont watch any bbc rooted program (i dont) :lol:

if we object to the fee's and fish accordingly then we are no better than the foreign otters  and have no cause to complain about them IMO of course :wink:

So what about the match guys who only use one rod, usually on privately maintained fisheries far from the watercourse, the EA do very little for anglers in my opinion, the odd restocking of rivers that have few fish left due to water abstraction and them tipping treated sewage in, not to mention the Otters and the flooding, i reckon they have a cheek to charge us at all.

Well said that man, although they do turn over the match venues around here fairly often, the match men get away with having more than two rods with them on one licence. Waggeler rod, feeder rod, more than one of each of those and a pole with several top kits, i know they don't use them all at the same time, but there has been a few carp anglers caught out by having a third rod set up on the bank with one licence.

As for the price, it's still a rip off, a licence fee should be no more than the admin costs of issuing the licence.

A local guy was in our local paper a few weeks back, got over £700 in fines for fishing a well known carp water in Oxford, bigger fines than shoplifters get.

A right to fish with-out any goverment or land owner permission is also in the Magna Carta.  

Well said that man, although they do turn over the match venues around here fairly often, the match men get away with having more than two rods with them on one licence. Waggeler rod, feeder rod, more than one of each of those and a pole with several top kits, i know they don't use them all at the same time, but there has been a few carp anglers caught out by having a third rod set up on the bank with one licence.

As for the price, it's still a rip off, a licence fee should be no more than the admin costs of issuing the licence.

A local guy was in our local paper a few weeks back, got over £700 in fines for fishing a well known carp water in Oxford, bigger fines than shoplifters get.

A right to fish with-out any goverment or land owner permission is also in the Magna Carta.  

i would be careful with that Magna Carta stuff carpbell, there are only four clauses that are still in force, one was the cornerstone of our right to due process and also limited the power of authoritarian rule 'no one is above the law' and another allowed all the right to free representation in court and guaranteed the right to trial by jury.

the other two mean that the church of england can never be suborned and grants it freedom in perpetuity and the cities of England shall have the right to self rule (local councils)

the other 59 clauses have fallen by the wayside because there were not enough people willing to quote it when needed and so are no longer recognized in court.

be no good quoting the fishy one when the EA fines your ass :lol:

Edited by cyborx

This fishing rods thing is down to how your tackle is presented when on the bank, dependant on whether you can be caught out using more than your allowed number of rods.

If a rod with hook on is baited, then it is in use, if a rod with a hook on is over the water, then it is in use, and in both cases must therefore require a covering licence.

I hate this 'why should I buy a licence?' talk. Just because you don't see a bailiff on the bank every week, it does not mean that the EA is doing nothing for you, they regularly get called out for low oxygen levels, pollution, and a myriad of things you don't see.

In fact near Nottingham is one of the largest fish farms in Britain, and that has stocked over a million fish back into British Waterways, lakes, rivers and ponds.

This flooding was some numpty in the government deciding that we needed to dredge watercourses, or some other numpty deciding that we needed to build houses on flood plains, and then the Environment Agency gets the blame, despite in cases, they have said that to do so will create problems.

The result is one that nature now can't handle and we blame the EA for the result.

Incidentally, from old English, Somerset means set for summer, and the county was a marshland that was only habitable in the summer season, so now it is lived in all year round, and frequently floods.

As a point of history, King Alfred took his people into the Somerset marshes to hide from the Viking invaders, and came out to ambush small groups of invaders, while he increased his armies to a point that he could fight.

Something else for you, and again the EA get the blame, some numpty green minister decided that we need to protect our wildlife, and put the otter on extreme preservation, so that it is illegal to trap, shoot or kill them, and played it carefully so that the EA would take all the blame.

When the Magna Carta was enforced, 100 years after its inception, there was no Church of England, we were all good Catholics obedient to the Pope.

sorry old son, wrong!!

here is a translation of the first clause from ye olde inglish for ya :wink:

(1) FIRST, THAT WE HAVE GRANTED TO GOD, and by this present charter have confirmed for us and our heirs in perpetuity, that the English Church shall be free, and shall have its rights undiminished, and its liberties unimpaired. That we wish this so to be observed, appears from the fact that of our own free will, before the outbreak of the present dispute between us and our barons, we granted and confirmed by charter the freedom of the Church's elections - a right reckoned to be of the greatest necessity and importance to it - and caused this to be confirmed by Pope Innocent III. This freedom we shall observe ourselves, and desire to be observed in good faith by our heirs in perpetuity.

the church of england can trace its roots back to the 3rd century Anno Domini and was originally called Ecclisia Anglicana, and was the result of the merging of three religions, the Roman tradition of St Augustine and his successors, the remnants of the old Romano-British church and the Celtic tradition coming down from Scotland. images.razzjpg_zps8rfnmzkl.jpg

Locally to me on one EA bailiffs walk down the river on a TAA controlled stretch, 7 anglers were caught with no license!

If everyone were just honest enough to pay the nominal fees that the license costs then there'd probably be a bigger pot of cash for them to use to make improvements, and they'd not have to spend as much policing the waters!

I do find it odd that this is so contentious on a carp forum. I know there are a lot on here who fish a lot of different styles, but these people surely get the most benifit from the license! In carp terms, I bet there are more people out there than just me who if they could cash in the bits and bobs of tackle and bait in their kit that they'll probably never use they could buy years worth of licenses. :)

Yea the EA and Angling Trust had a sweep off taa waters all well and good but there an otter makeing regular visits to the best carp lake taa have and what will AT and EA do about it well AT will bury there heads in the sand and EA will use our money to build some holts for them. Great.

The EA are slightly out of pocket recently, after taking to court with a case ,that if they thought about for just a second they would of come to the conclusion they couldn't win, but greed and stupidity won, over common sense. I'm half expecting to see their bailiffs roaming the banks with charity buckets this year  :mrgreen: