Lake Reaper Bait Boat

tonymgarner

Yeah, Ive got some larger batteries that run the boat itself. The AA's are used for the remote controller, fish finder base unit and the fish finder itself. Was looking at Argos and 4 (I think) was 15 quid. I've send 8 on the bay for 3 and a half, so was going to chance it with the cheap ones. No more expensive than buying Duracells.

Yeah, Ive got some larger batteries that run the boat itself. The AA's are used for the remote controller, fish finder base unit and the fish finder itself. Was looking at Argos and 4 (I think) was 15 quid. I've send 8 on the bay for 3 and a half, so was going to chance it with the cheap ones. No more expensive than buying Duracells.

Apologies that wasn't clear in the original post.... I thought you meant the boat itself

Help - I've just bought a lake reaper and it needs 24 AA batteries. Any idea how long they'll last?

do they not also run off a 6v 4ah battery?

if so you can pick them up for less than £15

oops, i did the same as the others, sorry tony :wink:

Edited by cyborx

It all depends on the mAh rating. A battery is not a battery :wink:

Check out ebay for some Duracell rechargeable with around 2500mAh and they should easily last you a week session.

Look for the new style rechargeable battery which will hold the charge for approximately a year, as opposed to the 3 months of a 'normal' rechargeable battery.

To be honest, unless you buy pound shop specials, any AA battery will last longer than the rechargeable boat batteries.

Edited by dalthegooner

Help - I've just bought a lake reaper and it needs 24 AA batteries. Any idea how long they'll last?

I have a reaper , can't tell you how long the AA batteries last but can't remember thinking they needed changing to often , I think you can buy 24 Duracell + for around £8 on ebay

I would be interested to hear how you get on with it , have you used it yet ?

• 4 years later...