First of the Year !

hawkwise

Well hello folks back again, it's that Ex Pat bloke in Ontario hope everyone been having a good time on the Bank as and when they can.

Now Normally here in Southern Ontario we have a long and Very Cold winters and my local Rivers and Creek's are Frozen from Dec to April but this year we have by Ontario standards a very very mild winter

two Rivers near me have been flowing for some of the Winter Months this year ( first time in ten year I've been here) . this time last year the spot i fished was under 6 inch of Ice .

Anyway On Monday me and the Lovely Wife was out about doing what Humans do , i decided to take a de tour have a look at my early Spring spot , NO ICE and the Creek was highest i had ever seen it . with center channel moving with a bit pace and water was very well colored ( Brown ) so as i looked out over the water from near by bridge , i was thinking myself a couple a weeks i might give it a go

as i was thinking this right near a recently fallen tree i saw a flash of Gold followed by a few bubbles and then a few seconds later there is a gurt tail waving it at me .

getting back to my Truck i checked my Weather App cloudy +9 ( last year it was - 9 at this time) looked at the Mrs "I'm going fishing tomorrow ". Wife looks at me i and shakes head " yer Nuts"

So next day and i find my self at the Bank in blooming March !!! So i fished using a 3 0z Cage feeder of Koi Pellets and Ground Dog Biscuit with a hook bait of one home Made Boilie cast to just off the fallen Tree ,.it was so nice to be out there so early this year i really didn't care if i caught or not ( i have never caught Carp on my first session of year over here) .

Well after 4 hours of enjoying my Meditation the clouds had started to look a tad bit darker and i knew it was time start pack up, it can change get very cold very quickly here so as i was packing up my bait box etc etc Suddenly a twitch on the line just very slight then it went again eww do strike ! if i miss i go home with out a story to tell oh but if hit boom oh the joy.!! and then the line went completely slag, oh [piffle] it's taken it and now is heading towards me STRIKE YES We are in Now to keep it away from the tree pull to the right do the right hand side step YES it's in open water once it was there it didn't wake up to the it saw the Net

After a little bit of faffing about it was in the Net !!!

I didn't have any scales , but it must of been a 20 felt heavy in net gurt shoulders , but who *blooming* care's a CARP in March !!

Wished i had taken my Other Camera and tripod now but but i didn't as didn't want to have to carry to much just for a couple hours fishing which turned into 5 .

What a way to start the year..

A Golden Block of Ice .. 12322708_10156601077855290_2603992698103

Love My New Bank Stick ..

12030451_10156601077820290_9192193899462

The tree ..12841346_10156601096090290_6528265635798

I did remove a censored, you naughty person, but I had gotten so tied up reading and watching I know exactly why it appeared in your tale of joy.

I don't know which I enjoyed most, the pictures, the story itself, the fish and its picture or the 'old fashioned' carp fishing style with wooden rod rest and simple ledgering tactics.

That is just a perfect story to tell!

:D :d

I did remove a censored, you naughty person, but I had gotten so tied up reading and watching I know exactly why it appeared in your tale of joy.

I don't know which I enjoyed most, the pictures, the story itself, the fish and its picture or the 'old fashioned' carp fishing style with wooden rod rest and simple ledgering tactics.

That is just a perfect story to tell!

:D :grin:

Ha ha Cheers that Bank stick will last me the Season  it does   a good  job of holding my Rod Up .. and funny enough  it is now in my shed drying having just varnished it  ( :  

Ha ha Cheers that Bank stick will last me the Season  it does   a good  job of holding my Rod Up .. and funny enough  it is now in my shed drying having just varnished it  ( :  

i have a few banksticks and walking sticks just like that :lol:

they always end up as legwarmers when the barbies gone out and i am still sitting outside sipping :wink:

At least if you leave that one on the bank it is not too expensive to replace.

I managed to leave a pair of freshly purchased banksticks and rod rests heads on the river a couple of months back when fishing for pike :oops:

• 2 weeks later...