Frisby lakes?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

got some strange rules wonder what sort of angler they have had in to have a rule for untoward activities what ever those are must be a Leicester thing :mrgreen: looks nice though fair price for these days as well, bit annoyed by the way night fishing prices are going.  

2 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

got some strange rules wonder what sort of angler they have had in to have a rule for untoward activities what ever those are must be a Leicester thing :mrgreen: looks nice though fair price for these days as well, bit annoyed by the way night fishing prices are going.  

Yeah can't complain at twenty quid. Untoward activities could be anything eh? 

I'm not very experienced with gravel pits - an absolute novice right now as this will be the first - so I have no clue what to do. 

1 minute ago, Tuckab said:

Yeah can't complain at twenty quid. Untoward activities could be anything eh? 

I'm not very experienced with gravel pits - an absolute novice right now as this will be the first - so I have no clue what to do. 

good start would be not to listen to anything I post  bet I'm the only member on my lakes to have not had a fish this year 

5 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

good start would be not to listen to anything I post  bet I'm the only member on my lakes to have not had a fish this year 

Haha oh well. It can only go so badly. That's what I'm telling myself. 

Taking the Mrs with a rod for silverfish so I'm sure I'll get a few perch and call it a success if nothing else. 

On 30/05/2021 at 19:00, Tuckab said:

I notice there's been no movement on this thread for five years! I'm going tomorrow and was wondering if anybody can recommend / review? 

I used to live in Frisby. Since the movement on this thread they were hit by KHV. Tbh it's been one disaster after the next for that place over the years.

It's a funny old place, looks the nuts and on paper it has everything a carp angler could ever wish for....... except big carp. They just do not flourish in there.

I'm still near it (I live about 5 miles way now) but I don't even bother going to look any more. It was said to hold a real biggun years back but I spent a year walking and watching and I never saw it. Biggest I ever saw or caught was upper double/scraper 20.

5 hours ago, yonny said:

I used to live in Frisby. Since the movement on this thread they were hit by KHV. Tbh it's been one disaster after the next for that place over the years.

It's a funny old place, looks the nuts and on paper it has everything a carp angler could ever wish for....... except big carp. They just do not flourish in there.

I'm still near it (I live about 5 miles way now) but I don't even bother going to look any more. It was said to hold a real biggun years back but I spent a year walking and watching and I never saw it. Biggest I ever saw or caught was upper double/scraper 20.

Well, I didn't get a sniff of a bite. Saw very little in the way of breaching fish or activity and the damned goose meant I got an awful night's kip anyway. 

I don't think I'll be back. Like you say, it looks the absolute  nuts but if there's nowt there then there's nowt there. 

Edited by Tuckab

Just now, Tuckab said:

Well, I didn't get a sniff of a bite. Saw very little in the way of breaching fish or activity and the damned goose meant I got an awful night's kip anyway. 

I don't think I'll be back. Like you say, it looks the absolute  nuts but if there's nowt there then there's nowt there. 

It's a shame as the layout of the lake is awesome. Bays, channels, that lovely island with little finger bays, snags, big open bits, overgrown shady bits, reedbeds, bars, weed beds...... it has literally everything a carp angler could ever wish for apart from quality carp 🤣