British Record.

snowmanstevo

For me the British carp record has got a bit boring, for the past 15 years or so it was all about the same fish being caught time and time again . How hard can it be ? We all know where the fish is ,it's not going anywhere . And now it looks like it been broken again by a fish that for years has been tipped to do just that , a fish that is hardly a stranger to the bank .

The 3 record carp caught form Redmire held the record for a total of 45 years ., in the last 20 years the record has been broken 12 times , 3 times in one year, same fish same water .

For me the British carp record has got a bit boring, for the past 15 years or so it was all about the same fish being caught time and time again . How hard can it be ? We all know where the fish is ,it's not going anywhere . And now it looks like it been broken again by a fish that for years has been tipped to do just that , a fish that is hardly a stranger to the bank .

The 3 record carp caught form Redmire held the record for a total of 45 years ., in the last 20 years the record has been broken 12 times , 3 times in one year, same fish same water .

I Spose we could always verify the record fish the old fashioned way , the way it always used to be done ?

No corpse presented no record claim . Simples .

Wouldn't be boring then :)

I must admit I feel the same as Johnplumb, the record means nothing really to me anymore.

Mary to me was the last great record fish when she broke the record from Wraysbury first time (not her first capture though).

Since then , Two Tone, etcetera, are all known fish almost being targeted for the record, although some of those captures are by club anglers rather than those aiming for the fish, which to me is right.

I don't necessarily like people targeting the fish just to achieve a record capture.

However, good luck to Dean Fletcher, still a good fish.

To me, all national records are academic. What's more relevant to my fishing, the local record on the lake I'm fishing or what someone caught on a lake elsewhere that I'm unlikely to ever fish? It has no bearing on what I've caught or am aiming for.

Well done to the lad for a good catch though. Must be nice to be able to say I've had the biggest. [emoji33][emoji13]

Great stuff, what a fish - I'd love to catch that, why wouldn't you?

Bizarre comments above, whats boring about a true British fish doing 68.1, come on that's incredible.  People wanting to catch the record fish is no different in any country and no different to you wanting the biggest fish from whichever lake you are fishing.

People need things to aspire to to keep them interested and pushing themselves, why not a record fish if you have achieved whatever else you set out to do,I dont understand the negativity of some people, jealousy maybe.

Good luck to anyone chasing their dream fish

Great stuff, what a fish - I'd love to catch that, why wouldn't you?

Bizarre comments above, whats boring about a true British fish doing 68.1, come on that's incredible.  People wanting to catch the record fish is no different in any country and no different to you wanting the biggest fish from whichever lake you are fishing.

People need things to aspire to to keep them interested and pushing themselves, why not a record fish if you have achieved whatever else you set out to do,I dont understand the negativity of some people, jealousy maybe.

Good luck to anyone chasing their dream fish

It's got nothing to do with not wanting to catch a fish that big and certainly not jealousy. It's about the predictability of it all . Show me a river fish or a fish out of a huge pit that has never been caught that breaks the record and I'll get excited