Naseby Resevoir first attempt !

snoozer

Wanted to try another venue around Northants.

Naseby had some half sharp reviews so i loaded the camel and trotted off this am for a first attempt at Kippering.

First thought on arrival was who's gone and nicked half the water !

First issue was trying to glue my Bivvy down with pegs that were pushed into what is the soft lake bed....Not very inspiring and i have attached a short video for entertainment, I don't mind a bit of wind but it did get a tad ruff at times.

Second issue Delkims were in full song everytime a gust got up so i added 2 x5g weights to each indicator, A tad tighter on the runners with a small back lead and all fell silent, Unfortunately for the rest of the session which means i blanked but if i learnt nowt else its to either wait for water to rise to an acceptable level or get some mega long pegs to keep the Bivvy grounded.

Respect to you Snoozer for having a go , I'd have turned around and run back home ! .

On your video the res.  looks completely different to the one featured on the Michael Owen videos , no wonder you wanted to give it a go .

So I guess you will wait for the Spring and hopefully the water thief will have returned the water .

:wink:  

Yep looking at his Vids did give me a slight push towards the venue and what surprised me when i first arrived water level wise !

It's amazing if you consider just how many litres of water it's down by, I don't think i'll return until the water does to be honest :) unless he's caught before spring lol

If you follow my right rod to the tip directly above that on the far bank was 2 guys and one was teaching the other some casting techniques, I bet he's gonna wonder why the distance will be halved when he hasn't got the wind giving him a hand :(

Calm_zpsjwqewzil.jpg

• 1 month later...