He allows dropshotting mon-thurs when his pools are on the quite side,but did say if it's quiet on his pools of a wk end he doesn't mind so much,it all depends on numbers on his waters. He's defiantly banned the spinners tho,anglers were foulhooking the carp,it really is a venue packed with fish..... It's why the perch have got so big,so can understand why he's knocked the spinning on the head.

I might just give it a bash if I get enough to lobs..... Cheers Nige I didn't think of using real worms dropshotting

Well half day was booked in work and after 2 hours down the allotment I've ended up with around 100 lobs so I've enough bait to cover everything. A few Guinness now to settle the excitement,then an early night dreaming of big stripeys before the 5am alarm call...... I WILL be 1st at the fishery

Had a really good day,and was pleased with how I fished. Ended up with 3, sadly no monsters 2 1lbers and 1 about 10 o/z,all fell to float fished prawn,in the margins,size 6 hook and large prawn,the popped up lobs although cast around never had a sniff

Was it only me that had to look up Dropshotting  :oops:  ? .

I watched a Des Taylor Youtube video , and all he told you was to use a light spinning rod and small reel - nothing on line strength , hook size ,  nor how to attach the worm .

Mr T also seemed to be gently shaking the rod from side to side as he slowly retreived , but he bother to explain why .

I'll look for a better video when I have time :roll:  . 

There's a few good ones on there mate. Braided mainline,flouro leader,large wide gape hook tied polamar style then a clip on lead. Cast out then giggle the worm/shad with the rod while slowly reeling in. Not that I've done it before,but I have been doing some research on it

• 2 weeks later...

Off to scratch that itch again on Saturday. Got some dropshotting bits last wk,so I'll be giving them a good workout alongside my popped up worms and prawn. I should be carp fishing on Saturday,the forcast for my neck of the woods is spot on for a carp or two

Rubbish...... Had several dropshotting so I was well pleased with that but nothing over 6o/z ..... My worm and prawn got absolutely mullered by carp in the 1-3lb bracket..... It really was spot on conditions for carp......

Next Saturday forcast is something similar looking very carpy,so it looks like more of the same

Ding,Ding..... Round 3 tomorrow, gunna be chucking it down till dinner,so a wet set up (which I'm NOT looking forward too) then the clouds will disappear and it's going to be a nice,bright day...... Again,not ideal conditions,but,if you don't buy a ticket,you can't win the raffle!!

Think ive got a bit of O/T looming,so it feels like time may be running out for me until the Christmas period