Cuttle mill

Well it's open again if anyone interested.
Did an overnight session Monday, only had 1 fish from peg 7, 21lb but lots of fish coming out. Few hot pegs producing 6+ fish in 36 hours, 1 of pegs doing 14 fish up to 28lb with 10 being over 20lb.
Yes it's expensive, is it worth it?
If you drop lucky with peg draw... 10x 20"s from 1 peg in 36hrs is pretty decent, every peg that was fished produced fish so probably yes in my opinion but only if your doing overnight £30 for a day is too expensive.
The fish look underweight at moment but think it won't be long before they start putting it on with more and more anglers fishing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Freeman0121 it's £30 for a day unless you book Monday and Tuesday £60 or Thursday and Friday then you can stay over night this is an experiment at moment and may not be a permanent thing also think they going to reduce it for the winter

Blimey Mick I nearly choked on me dinner when I saw this . Cor £30 for the day is a real Liberty .

No wonder you boys up there fish the rivers .

And they say the South east is expensive ( generally).

Used to be £20 a day but it's being rented at moment and tbf it being run ok so reason for costs are fairly reasonable

You don't have to pay it if you don't want and I for 1 don't mind more room for me,it's 10mins from my house if I want to catch 20's I have to travel at least 60miles for a decent water and more most waters are £25 or more now anyway

Always fancied a visit to cuttle mill, it's just up the road from where i'm fishing at the mo. does anyone know if they allow dogs on site?

Kingsbury is fairly quiet these days leggs007, £4 a day for some of the waters on there, you must know the place well being a local, Canal pool is going to have a real good stock of fish in a few years, the carp the put in a few years back are coming out around the 20lb size already, they put 170 very nice looking carp in to replace what was lost.

Used to be £20 a day but it's being rented at moment and tbf it being run ok so reason for costs are fairly reasonable

You don't have to pay it if you don't want and I for 1 don't mind more room for me,it's 10mins from my house if I want to catch 20's I have to travel at least 60miles for a decent water and more most waters are £25 or more now anyway

It doesn't sound too unfair when you put it like that , and let's face it , most Carpers do 24hr+ anyway imo not too bad in that respect

Round here it's about £10 for 2 rods day session , £20 for 24 hrs (and it has been for years) and £200 for the year April-March .

That's good value . 6 x 48 hr sessions and after that it's Freddy Freemans :):wink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Afternoon everyone, did a day on cuttle mill last sunday, had one run but struck into nothingness, its been back open after being shut for 2 years for 12 months now. No fish were caught but id like to get some more sessions in on there and was wondering if anyone has some prior knowledge on the lake as i can't find much about and the site gives little if any info. Any info would be much appreciated, if its areas to avoid, depths of the lake, popular methods ext. Any pointers would be great. Many thanks, Dan