Mosquito Repellent

Carpbell_ll

Any one got any suggestions for a good repellent that does not affect the fishing, I have always put off using one, but this year on pine pool is a killer

Went up for an evening session yesterday and got bitten silly, mainly on the hands as I wear long sleeves.

Thinking of going up barston until after July comfy fishing lol.

Had a Tench yesterday, the carp were spawning again on Saturday, that's the third time they have spawned this year.

Without a shadow of a doubt you should try Avon "Skin so soft" its a spray recommended everywhere even by military people.

If the smell puts you off try spraying it on the peak of your cap.

Even heard Bear Gryhlls telling the scouts it was recommended to him by S.A.S. types.

Without a shadow of a doubt you should try Avon "Skin so soft" its a spray recommended everywhere even by military people.

If the smell puts you off try spraying it on the peak of your cap.

Even heard Bear Gryhlls telling the scouts it was recommended to him by S.A.S. types.

You beat me to it [emoji38]

Thanks all for the replies, ordered some of the avon kit, have to try and spray some on the dog too, he had really had enough of them yesterday, snapping wildly into the air.

There seems to be a lot more of them this year than what I would normally see, never been bothered by them before, the bites are sore as for days after.

Thanks all for the replies, ordered some of the avon kit, have to try and spray some on the dog too, he had really had enough of them yesterday, snapping wildly into the air.

There seems to be a lot more of them this year than what I would normally see, never been bothered by them before, the bites are sore as for days after.

I don't know how true it is, but regular doses of garlic (daily) are supposed to reduce the chance of bites as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

daym! i put a post up here about this but seems to have disappeared :twisted: 

anyone who suffers with the mozzies should try catnip spray, aside from attracting cats it will shift the flying pests toot sweet lol.

one of the ingredients (nepetalactone) is 10 x more effective than Deet as a repellent.

citronella grass or mint will do the same and are all less than 1/3rd of the price :wink:

I suffer badly from being bitten and was looking in to what to use prior to a French trip a few years ago - somebody suggested that taking vitamin B tablets work as the mozzies don't like the taste and can actually detect it before biting you.

I figured I had nothing to lose so started taking one a day a week or so before the trip - the results were amazing, not one single bite all week.

Health benefits and no smelly sprays tainting baits etc :mrgreen: