Time , effort and pain = Success.

hawkwise

Well time , effort and pain shore does = success , a lot effort went in to getting up at stupid O clock every other day for week and half specialy when one suffers from Lupus .

Yes for week and a half every other morning i dragged my aching weary body out bed  at 4 30 am and set  off to my choosen spot  and baited up ,using a Midi spomb of Maze , Hemp and ground dog biscuit , some Mornings i did take a Rod and did a spot of Wagger fishing in the near Margin well i was up and  the weather was good  so why not, even manged to net a couple nice Commons and a few Nice Channel cats .

Anyway after a week and half of doing this i finally decided  it  was time to see if any of those gurt Carp that live in my local river had got on to my bait , so once again the Alarm went of at 4 30 am, dragged my aching body out bed had a quick cup tea  and was off.

Its only a 5 min drive to the local river so at bang on 5 am i pulled in  to the car park full of excited anticipation open the truck door to the sounds of bird singing AND splashing lots and lots of splashing NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo yep the Carp were on the spawn i took a walk down to the spot were i had been baiting and shore enough the water was alive with horny fish doing there thing., i stood and watched for awhile having argument in my head to fish or not to fish or head home go back to bed .

Back to bed i went . sigh .

So two mornings later again the alarm goes off 4 30 am come on ! today will be the day so again i arrive at the spot and this time all i could here was Bird song good.

So tactics for the Morning was going to be simple inline bolt rigged feeder lead with a pack bait of ground maze ground dog biscuit and Oats mixed with can's of cream corn  with a size 8 hook with hook bait of my home made Boilie popped up just of the bottom with a rubber Corn. all connected to my  9 ft Wytchwood.

So i cast to the pre baited spot i had just about put the rod down and sat in my chair  and the reel was screaming of wow that was fast in to fish already  it was a nice little scrappy common of about 12 pound a good start , i cast out again and with in 15 min the reel was screaming of again as soon as i pulled in to the fish i knew i was in to a bigger fish the water is pretty shallow were i was fishing so the fish really do take off .( had a few in the past jump clear out the water as i was playing them ) this fish took of on a huge run then all of a sudden the line starting to go a litle slack the fish had turned and was now heading straight back towards me what a strange sensation that is .Well after a lot of tooing and frowing the fish finally hit the net , as i looked down at it i knew it was biggest fish of the year , i had never seen such a long Carp man that thing gotta me nearly 4 feet long .

Well as it turned out it was just a little under 4 feet long and 30 POUNDS !!  this was my 3rd 30 from this spot i had two last year . Yeah Get IN !!! ..

what a buzz. 

The only disappointment was that in all the exciment i forgot to check my Camrea settings so my self take photos wasn't the best , but i did also take a short Vid . but hey who cares eh

30 Pound Wild Canadian Common !! get IN !!! .

11412297_10155658180390290_6132678378273

I Have had a few  people on facebook and on another fishing forum say yeah what ever never 30 Pounds , well i have bran new scales and the fish definitely came in at a wonderful 30 pounds the fish being just a touch under 4 feet long. had trouble with my self takes, i also find it hard holding the fish due to my RA and Lupus . i also took a short Video  https://www.facebook.com/hawkwise/videos/10155624402265290/?l=8046150973270880707   which shows better the size of the fish . ( : 

Since i got this beauty haven't been amble to get fishing again as my health has not been to good. But i be happy bunny to net such a good wild ole beast.

Cheers

Tight lines

The Hawk 

An Englishmen in Canada .

Edited by hawkwise

That poor, poor, poor beautiful creature - next to THAT?

Hawk, I respect you and I respect your views, but your dress sense is shocking.

Your hat - not an issue with.

Your jeans - not an issue with.

Your hoodie however - mate, are you wearing it for a bet?

,... and I thought you had taste. :wink::P:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nice fish mate.

Congratulations.

That poor, poor, poor beautiful creature - next to THAT?

Hawk, I respect you and I respect your views, but your dress sense is shocking.

Your hat - not an issue with.

Your jeans - not an issue with.

Your hoodie however - mate, are you wearing it for a bet?

,... and I thought you had taste. :wink::P:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nice fish mate.

Congratulations.

Ha ha been a Red since 68  cant be helped i'm afraid , King Louis gonna take us to the top next season :twisted:  

Ha ha been a Red since 68 cant be helped i'm afraid , King Louis gonna take us to the top next season :twisted:

Yep , then you can all sing together 'i wanna be like yououou , i wanna walk like you talk like you ououou ' ....:)

Edited by newmarket