June Catches

freeman0121

Well done everyone 8)

3lb 9 crusian great capture. ... funny a lad posted a picture of a 3 lb 6 crusian just the over day out of horseshoe on a group I'm in.

Cracking old warrior of a fish .

I've definitely noticed over the years that crusians get caught this time of the year then you won't see them again. Just before spawning perhaps? It's the same on the small farm pond .

Anyone noticed the same ?

Well done everyone 8)

3lb 9 crusian great capture. ... funny a lad posted a picture of a 3 lb 6 crusian just the over day out of horseshoe on a group I'm in.

I've definitely noticed over the years that crusians get caught this time of the year then you won't see them again. Just before spawning perhaps? It's the same on the small farm pond .

During the old closed season , years ago now obviously , the opening week or so you would get stuck into the Crucians and the Tench .

After that they would just disappear . Used to do my nut in tbh

Well done everyone 8)

A lot of the carp had already spawned, there were still a few going at it in the other end of the lake, do crusians spawn at the same time as all other carp?, just wondered as if it has already spawned I wonder how big it was 2 week ago?

It's quite funny because I didn't take my scales. The lake isn't well known for big fish, a mid double is a good capture plus I always go light when stalking.........earlier in the day I was fishing a swim when I found a set of scales on the floor only cheapo luggage type ones. So I left them on a near by bench thinking maybe the owner would be back in the future.

Within 2 hours I would be sprinting around the lake to grab them again (the fish was safely in the net)

The fish went 26lb :) when I weighed the sling after it weighed 4lb.

On my scales my sling wet is usually 2lb 12oz so I know the scales are dodgy.

I can't believe I didn't have my scales. The fish is clearly over 20lb I just say 20lb 6oz to make it seem legit :D

It may well be bigger :(