Paxman's Angling Club

Hello everyone .

I was looking on the Paxman's  A.C. website and it looks like their Alresford Lake is the most picturesque , with lots of pictures of 20lb commons on the picture gallery .

I guess if I contacted the club I could arrange a viewing , but I would be very interested to hear from anyone who fishes Paxman's waters .

Ta .

:wink:  

Hello everyone .

I was looking on the Paxman's A.C. website and it looks like their Alresford Lake is the most picturesque , with lots of pictures of 20lb commons on the picture gallery .

I guess if I contacted the club I could arrange a viewing , but I would be very interested to hear from anyone who fishes Paxman's waters .

Ta .

:wink:

Sorry crucian matey , i aint fished it since he quit Newsnight :)

hi mate, i am on paxmans and a committee member, have been for 14 years or so. fell free to have a look around or i could have a meet with you and show you if you would prefer. we also have a facebook site which is open to public viewing but only members have the ability to post on there as we want to keep it to members only.

arlesford has some good carp, grass carp to 30, rudd to 3 big perch and bream and plenty of pike but double figure pike are very hard to come by nowadays in that water. also have other waters with cats to mid 60 carp to 42 

Wow wish I had a club near me like that, there is the Leamington AA, but they have only just allowed  coated hook lengths, up until a few years back it was mono only, they are keeping an eye on the coated stuff, if anglers are found to be exposing too much braid, it's going back to mono only.

Thanks fellas , even you Newmarket  :P .

I may well take you up on your kind offer at some point Gaz , as although I have already joined a club this year they are " improving " the lake , and I'm not sure how things are going to turn out .

So are you a Spurs fan Gaz ? , because we could do with some balance on this forum , what with Gooners and Irons  :P .

Thanks fellas , even you Newmarket :P .

I may well take you up on your kind offer at some point Gaz , as although I have already joined a club this year they are " improving " the lake , and I'm not sure how things are going to turn out .

So are you a Spurs fan Gaz ? , because we could do with some balance on this forum , what with Gooners and Irons :P .

Gaz doesnt like to shout too much about it :)

Thanks fellas , even you Newmarket  :P .

So are you a Spurs fan Gaz ? , because we could do with some balance on this forum , what with Gooners and Irons  :P .

no problem any time, and yes YID ARMY lol  :)