East Anglia - Night Lakes with vehicle access

Hi, 

New budding fisherman - Im looking for any venues that have night fishing where the swim is accessiable for a small camper van - I cant walk far, nor carry lots of gear due to a neurological problem so a lot of places are off limits for me. 

Norfolk / Suffolk border would be great. 

Thanks in advance all.  

Welcome to the Madhouse.

From memory:

Harleston and District angling have a number of swims on Number 1 that have car park swims, they may allow anglers requiring concessions to fish from a camper as they do do concessional membership.

Gaps down near Ipswich also have some swims at Alderson that can be fished from a car, so reckon you could get a camper van in, however a water with very few carp in, probably also some on B pit, again difficult fishing.

Another club with concessional membership

FMS have Thwaite and Bosmere, some swims with vehicle access on Number 2 at Thwaite and some car park swims on Bozzie, check membership from local tackle shops in Ipswich.

Melton, near Woodbridge, Day tickets via Breakaway tackle in Ipswich, check, they may allow to fish from camper van in some of the car park swims.

Those are straight from the top of my head, likely to be some more!

Hi,

My first post :)

I wonder if here would work for you?http://www.fishing-in-suffolk.co.uk/about-us/

Be interested to hear if anyone has fished there, as I may try it this year.

Would you like an honest answer?

There are better fisheries about, and of the disabled access, I think it could do with improving.

You would probably do a whole lot better at Suffolk Water Park for the same sort of money. The best lake at Hintlesham for fishing has the worst disabled access.

Hi,

My first post :)

I wonder if here would work for you?

http://www.fishing-in-suffolk.co.uk/about-us/

Be interested to hear if anyone has fished there, as I may try it this year.

Thats interesting . That fishery has a mixture of "Commons Mirrors Ghost and WILD Carp".

Anyone explaining to me what the wild Carp is ?

Hi Newmarket

As I understand it , a Wild Carp is a direct descendant of the original Carp that were imported into this country for the Monks to put into their Stew ponds to eventually eat .

However, if there are other strains of Carp , Mirrors , Commons etc , how do you guarantee a pure bred Wild Carp ? .

Nick , would Suffolk Water Park allow Paul a concession to drive around one or more of the lakes and park behind his swim ? .

I'm guessing it's not just carrying his gear around to his swim that he needs his Camper Van for , but also so he doesn't have a long walk to the toilets  .

Hi mate , the way i understood it , and im probably wrong , is that the original "wildies" WERE Commons and that Mirrors were bred so as to make em easier to prepare for the table .

I've asked this question on the wrong thread really but i'm hoping Frank ( levi ) sees it , or CM , he'll probably know ....

Hi Newmarket

As I understand it , a Wild Carp is a direct descendant of the original Carp that were imported into this country for the Monks to put into their Stew ponds to eventually eat .

However, if there are other strains of Carp , Mirrors , Commons etc , how do you guarantee a pure bred Wild Carp ? .

Nick , would Suffolk Water Park allow Paul a concession to drive around one or more of the lakes and park behind his swim ? .

I'm guessing it's not just carrying his gear around to his swim that he needs his Camper Van for , but also so he doesn't have a long walk to the toilets  .

I know you can park behind certain swims on a number of the lakes, including The Traditional and some of the Match lakes, although the Main or Specimen lake has now stopped cars being next to most swims

Hi , 

Thanks everyone for your help. There does seem to be some options. 

A friend of mine receommended Camelot near bungay as *some* of its swims you can park next to.  Although he does say its a very difficult lake so perhaps not so good for a novice like me. 

Im going to contact Harleson district angling club as their pits do look interesting.

Once I've done a couple of trips - I will post again on the forum incase it helps anyone in the future.