Elphicks, pullens my only trip this year

Due to the recent arrival of my 3rd son, i have stupidly agreed with the ol' lady that i will only go on a 72 hr trip this year. (i'll try n get a few sneaky overnighters though)

So i've booked Pullens lake in mid July (no cracks about being a fair weather fisherman a) wondered if anyone has any tips or advice???

Cheers fellas

I'd love a big British Common, but how big do they grow????

In my experience around the 40 mark, full of spawn. Lovely!!!!

I have heard that several venues boast 50lb+ fish, i find it hard to believe that these fish originated in this country or haven't been genetically altered one way or another, which i believe a lot of popular venues will stock to get the big girls as a draw.

from my knowledge, which is not a lot, Elphicks were one of the first to pioneer what has now become the norm & will continue to be as we find the lure of catching a big girl, without the need to go abroad

Sorry to those who don't like it, but i am booked & hoping for a result

Carp are an imported species. No carp 'originated' in the UK :wink:

As for genetic altering. There are now carp which are bred to be resistant to KHV which can only be a good thing.

A fish is a fish as far as I'm concerned. So long as it's healthy, good looking and puts up a good fight; I'm happy 8)

I can understand the sentiment, but as Dal says most fish nowadays are farmed to ensure we catch good sized fish. 

I struggle to comprehend these fishereies that have 70lb+ cats that are known to eat anything & everything, including the specimens. The owners are going to stock the fish that get arses on the bank. I guess as long the angler walks away happy from a venue he will come back again & again.

I can understand the sentiment, but as Dal says most fish nowadays are farmed to ensure we catch good sized fish. 

I struggle to comprehend these fishereies that have 70lb+ cats that are known to eat anything & everything, including the specimens. The owners are going to stock the fish that get arses on the bank. I guess as long the angler walks away happy from a venue he will come back again & again.

Yep,I make you right there chap. :)

some of my buddies were doing a 48 on Pullens today, went there had a look around, mmmmm!!!!Looked a bit small for 4 of us

One of them's had a 22 mirror.

Looks a bit to commercial set up,Someone's making some serious dough!!

North lake was empty so had a look around there, mental to think 'the pig' all 62lb of her was in there somewhere!!!!

Wish i'd booked that lake now,