Friezeland Pools Mkt Bos Leicestershire

Davie

Hi Davie,

As Bivvystreet said it is more suited to the match man.

I fished a number of matches on there some years ago and if you want to catch carp of all sorts of sizes up to mid doubles then get the on the small method feeder and cast regularly to build your swim and they will come... I think there are more tench than they say in all 3 of the ponds though so be selective with your bait...Not really a bite alarm water though...

Just read my notes, and had 2 carp in the margins one at 14lb and the other 16lb so never neglect them by any means....and the spookiest thing ever is that in another recent thread we were talking about Meaty marine tinned groundbait and this is what I used in the margins to catch the bigger fish...WOW that's really should I say it... "uncanny"....

Hope this helps a little Davie..

Hi Davie...NM is right again...there are a lot of smaller fish to go at but some bigger ones as well.

Its right up your street this kind of venue if your a method man but you can also catch them up in the water if it warms up a little or for some absolutely cracking fun you can fish the lift method down the margin with a bigger bait as this will get you a better stamp of fish usually.

You will get plenty of knocks but when a carp takes it you will know as it will be off so your clutch setting needs to be a little softer. Also watch the water as you will be looking for tail patterns or sediment being kicked up so you know there are fish about. Don't strike until your floats either disappeared or its laying flat on the surface.

Keep feeding a couple of margin swims very regular but lightly for a couple of hours while you are using the method and then when you want a tea drop the float in on one of your spots for ten mins or when you see signs of activity. Its a great way of a bonus fish and it could be your biggest....give it a try mate