Which Braid Scissors......?

After  searching it seems there are no threads about this critical item of tackle!

1) Which braid scissors do you use and would you recommend them?

2) Have you used any that are absolute tonk?

I have got 2 pairs at the moment and both are not very good, one pair were about a tenner so not cheap and the others are NGT! The NGT ones are absolute tonk! 

Just go Gardner rig scissors.

Mine are many years old, still working, despite them being used for cutting pike trace wire as well as braid and mono.

http://gardnertackle.co.uk/product/rig-scissors/

For some reason, I seem to recall writing a review on them, and that being displayed on Gardner's web page many moons ago. The pair I reviewed are the same pair I have now, but I have a spare pair, still in the pack for when they do eventually die from abuse.

I read an article in Carpology years ago which tested braid scissors over a prolonged period of time by giving them to well known Anglers .

They then gave a detailed write up in the mag afterwards.

The winner by a long way was the ESP snippers .

I took it on board and 2 pairs have lasted me 4 years so far and i would recommend 'em .

Strangely enough the "next-best" scissors i've ever used were Theseus , which i believe are a Dragon Carp product :wink:

Just go Gardner rig scissors.

Mine are many years old, still working, despite them being used for cutting pike trace wire as well as braid and mono.

http://gardnertackle.co.uk/product/rig-scissors/

For some reason, I seem to recall writing a review on them, and that being displayed on Gardner's web page many moons ago. The pair I reviewed are the same pair I have now, but I have a spare pair, still in the pack for when they do eventually die from abuse.

I was just about to post that all scissors go blunt after a while, so I have found out something new :)

Instead I will say that most scissors go blunt after a while, especially when you use them :twisted:

I have used 'normal' scissors in the past which I thought were really good & sharp but when it came to braid they just didn't cut the mustard.

The missus's daughter is a hairdresser and she has left a couple of pairs of scissors laying around from time to time which are really sharp but can be expensive.