The football thread

I'm just having a bit of banter,mate. The season ain't even started yet,but after results going my way today I thought I'd have a gloat

City was 13/5 today so won a few bob as well

Edited by snowmanstevo

So why the poor start for your lads Tim ?

The early exit from Europe? I know CM faffs it but euro compition is better to be in than out. Has that knocked the confidence?

After your excellent season last year and retaining the services of Payet I thought you'd genuinely challenge the top 6/8 ?

I know it's early but with a poor goal diff you've left yourselfs a bit of a mountain to climb,what's the reason for your indifferent start ?

So I take it Bilic didn't rate him.

He wanted the move Steve , Bilic obviously didn't fancy him and Tonka wanted regular first team football so when Palace offered 10 mill + add ons , va va voom :)

There's too much going on at the same time over there .

What looks like a rubbish pre-season resulted in an unfit second string being dumped out of Europe by a bunch of Rumainian pig farmers for the second year on the trot .

The injury crisis . Again.

Buying or loaning THIRTEEN average players NONE of which have improved last seasons first choice eleven .

Failure to sign players at RB , CB and a goalscorer where additions were required , instead buying winger after winger in an attempt to justify trying to turn Antonio into a Right Back

Individual mistakes/possible complacency ?

Basically the rest of the PL has improved and we haven't ....

And that's without even mentioning the new stadium ....and I could go on all night moaning about that .

All I'll say is 2 things .

Don't believe a word written in the tabloids , it's NOT a war zone .

And don't believe a word spoken by Gold and Sullivan .

Edited for swearing- nw

Hello all,

I think West Ham are really going to struggle this season. It was always going to be tough moving from a proper old football ground soaked in history, to a characterless concrete bowl, paid for by everyone but West Ham. You would have thought with all the extra gate money, and money saved on ground maintenance and stewarding, they could have gone out an bought some proper players, but they haven't. And you're right Newmarket, I don't think any of the signings would improve last season's first 11.

Edited by brighton_carper

He wanted the move Steve , Bilic obviously didn't fancy him and Tonka wanted regular first team football so when Palace offered 10 mill + add ons , va va voom :)

There's too much going on at the same time over there .

What looks like a rubbish pre-season resulted in an unfit second string being dumped out of Europe by a bunch of Rumainian pig farmers for the second year on the trot .

The injury crisis . Again.

Buying or loaning THIRTEEN average players NONE of which have improved last seasons first choice eleven .

Failure to sign players at RB , CB and a goalscorer where additions were required , instead buying winger after winger in an attempt to justify trying to turn Antonio into a Right Back

Individual mistakes/possible complacency ?

Basically the rest of the PL has improved and we haven't ....

And that's without even mentioning the new stadium ....and I could go on all night moaning about that .

All I'll say is 2 things .

Don't believe a word written in the tabloids , it's NOT a war zone .

And don't believe a word spoken by Gold and Sullivan .

Edited for swearing- nw

Apologies Nige , I can't even remember what I said now :wink:.

a characterless concrete bowl, paid for by everyone but West Ham.

You can thank Messrs Levy and Hearn for that :)

As I said the other day , don't believe what you read in the media .... :wink:

Edited by newmarket

Loads of empty seats,getting beat 1-0,in the mire..... Bigger than Lfc Steve who have bettered there start from there 1895/96 season with 24 goals from 8 games... And have just upped there attendance by 8,000..... No cheap tickets for the kids to fill up the stadium

In saying that I've got a flim on Payet to score from a free kick .... Come on you irons

Edited by snowmanstevo