The football thread

I think Utd have rode there luck massively over the last 2 seasons. City have a new manager,the prem will be a big shock for him. Arsenal need a world class striker but are always top 4 chelski won't be as bad next year,but I still think it will take a while to get to the level they was a few years ago. If I was a Spurs fan,I'd be really really excited where my team was going.

Stevo , going back to the Spuds thing , I don't have the stats in front of me , and I don't know about Liverpools in comparison so can't comment , but if memory serves , whilst the group stages of Europa was going on , their form was well down immediately after their Europa games .

They took it seriously but we're having to rotate more than they would have liked .

I just feel that without it they would have finished top or at least a lot closer .

Leicester got lucky with injuries & suspensions , had no European distractions and virtually no domestic cup distraction either .

That won't happen again .

For the record I don't agree with referring to Europa as Micky mouse .

I wish West Ham were in the final :wink:

And I was actually disgusted with the way Bilic and co treated the competition last summer .

I keep hearing that Leicester got lucky with injuries but I've heard a few interviews with people who are connected to the club and they say that the conditioning staff there are second to none.

Injuries???Vardy had a cast on most of the season  :mrgreen:

What really helped Leicester was what Nigel Pearson did for the last 9-10 games last season,Ranieri came in and was fully aware of it and instead of implying his "philosophy" or creating a "project" he worked with what he had!!! A true manager and for ever a legend!!

So that's all for the 2015/16 season for you smaller teams.

How did you rate your clubs season.

Personally I'm giving my lot 8/10 regardless of Wednesday result. Some proper dodgy results coupled with some amazing ones. Roll on the Euros to watch our lads get battered

8/10 for us Stevo , a bit of a disappointing finish to the season but Uncle Slaven has given us our Weat Ham back and compared with the last 5 years it's like we won the league .

And nice to see the Gunners finally came good when it mattered :)

Edited by newmarket

About fair that,Dal. If there was a year you had an easier chance to win the league,it was this one. With so many of the big guns missfiring you had an excellent chance even with Leicester excellent form,if you'd of kept the pressure on them they may have folded ?

If only you would of offered sensible money for Suarez and not this £40,000,001 rubbish you'd be champions by now

I'd have to say 7.5 out of 10.

It's fantastic to beat Spurs again :mrgreen: and you cant really grumble too much about finishing 2nd, but we should really have won the league this year.

Are you not embarrassed to say this?? A top four team from the the old top four get pipped by relegation candidates and only just finishes above a average europa team???.AWs reaction to being above the spuds just said to me all the reasons why you are shi.....top 4 and never 1st these days....he as lost the plot...you haven't been beaten by money like most years  , you been beaten by a manager that can manage and came second cause Muhammad Alli got lost his head!! I'd be crawling up my own, if I was an arsenal fan not celebrating :roll:  :P

YNWA..... You'll Never Walk Alone,but,as an ex hooligan,you'd know that,mate. Yep Wet Spam finished up there. The cups half full for our boys,mate.

What cup's that steve ?????  :mrgreen:  :P  :wink:

Did kloppy kiss the last five he walk past ??? thought he'd learnt from Kaka!!