The football thread

I had West ham to win 3-2 that day at 33-1.

My brother looked at me and said the drinks are on you then, before I had the chance to finish my sentence of don't jinx it the ball had hit the back of the net.

I hate Gerrard lol

A sad day indeed

I can understand where he's coming from Stevo and a lot of West Ham fans agree with him.

I know the Reds are in the final , which is great of course , but Liverpools league form has suffered with all the Thursday-Sunday bs.

Actually Liverpool haven't done too bad considering but I feel Spuds may well have won the PL were it not for Europa .

The 2 exceptions to the rule I feel since most teams struggle for domestic form when involved.

If West Ham qualify then we'll only finish 12th-15th next season if we progress .

Bilic is not a fan and many Hammers feel patience is required till it's a case of CL or nothing.

The thing is , continental teams take the Europa League very seriously , 2nd only to their own league .

They treat their respective domestic cup competitions with disdain whereas most English clubs take it seriously .

Don't get me started on the league cup ffs :)

I can understand where he's coming from Stevo and a lot of West Ham fans agree with him.

I know the Reds are in the final , which is great of course , but Liverpools league form has suffered with all the Thursday-Sunday bs.

Actually Liverpool haven't done too bad considering but I feel Spuds may well have won the PL were it not for Europa .

The 2 exceptions to the rule I feel since most teams struggle for domestic form when involved.

If West Ham qualify then we'll only finish 12th-15th next season if we progress .

Bilic is not a fan and many Hammers feel patience is required till it's a case of CL or nothing.

The thing is , continental teams take the Europa League very seriously , 2nd only to their own league .

They treat their respective domestic cup competitions with disdain whereas most English clubs take it seriously .

Don't get me started on the league cup ffs :)

I remember a few years back when athletico Madrid won the europa semi final.

They had 2 Spanish players in the team that were both world cup winners,they were crying with joy to get to the final.

That's the difference in mentality and I think that's the reason our international team has suffered for so long.

Stevo , going back to the Spuds thing , I don't have the stats in front of me , and I don't know about Liverpools in comparison so can't comment , but if memory serves , whilst the group stages of Europa was going on , their form was well down immediately after their Europa games .

They took it seriously but we're having to rotate more than they would have liked .

I just feel that without it they would have finished top or at least a lot closer .

Leicester got lucky with injuries & suspensions , had no European distractions and virtually no domestic cup distraction either .

That won't happen again .

For the record I don't agree with referring to Europa as Micky mouse .

I wish West Ham were in the final :wink:

And I was actually disgusted with the way Bilic and co treated the competition last summer .

The one thing I AM afraid of , and Stevo may like to chip in with this one , Bilic and Sullivan seem to fancy Benteke .

I know he proved he can do it at Veeeela but for the money/wages rumoured to be involved I'd rather stick with AC .

Steve,IF you qualify for Europa,and do ok in the league do you think,when the 2 legged games come into it you won't take it serious. The last 32/16 are seriously good teams,not the elite I agree,but still top quality footy teams. Considering we changed our manager and Klipperty never bought anybody I think,personally he's worked wonders with our team. 8th could be 6th and that's a fair return on a disrupted season.

Steve,IF you qualify for Europa,and do ok in the league do you think,when the 2 legged games come into it you won't take it serious. The last 32/16 are seriously good teams,not the elite I agree,but still top quality footy teams. Considering we changed our manager and Klipperty never bought anybody I think,personally he's worked wonders with our team. 8th could be 6th and that's a fair return on a disrupted season.

Klipperty :) :) :)

What will be will be, i wouldnt try to predict the future after Ranieri, but if i was a betting man, Mancs, plus chelski Tottenham and Arsenal, and i wouldnt look beyond it, we can dream but thats all.

I think we can agree on that matey