The football thread

Re: Leicester. I'm watching the news here and they just had an item saying the owner flew in Tibetan monks to bless the team. Credit has been given to Richard III getting a decent burial as well, though the sports analysts lean toward Leicester filling the gap created by other teams' poor performance. The first 5000 - 1 winner ever in 138 years of Ladbroke betting according to their spokesman. Justin Beiber has 5 times more chance of being elected president of the US. Until something more unexpected happens this is being touted as the greatest upset in modern sports history. I didn't realise it was that big.

Buzz . Every single TOP team has under performed this season .

If EVER Arsenal were to win the PL again this had to be the year.

But , and I hope Dal won't mind me saying , they choked again when it mattered .

Both Manchester Clubs , Chelski and , less surprisingly Liverpoo have underperformed and this was Arsenals chance .

It's how Leicester have managed to win the title and also the reason why the Mighty Hammers have been threatening the elite as well .

Tottenham have been there or thereabouts for a few years now without actually threatening to win anything so after this season their fans' persistent illusions of grandeur will be a little closer to becoming reality and a return to the "glory glory days" of 50+ years ago .

With the new Tv deal kicking in next season the Big Boys are going to spend BIG , as are the rest of the clubs , so it's highly unlikely imo Leicestets success will be repeated .

Another factor that has to be considered is that both Spuds AND Leicester have been lucky this season with next to no injuries or suspensions .

Leicester also went out of both domestic cups early so had no other distractions whereas Spuds have done well to be up there having the Europa circus to contend with.

On a lighter note , my beloved West Ham had 7 first choice offensive players out injured for a 2 and a half month period mid season and there are some who are saying that if they had been as lucky as the top two , injury wise , then they would be a lot higher than their current 5th/6th position .

I'm not even going to mention the atrocious refereeing decisions either :) :) :)

I wasn't careful what I wished for though .

SAM OUT !!! :):wink:

Edited by newmarket

Credit has been given to Richard III getting a decent burial

We're a funny superstitious lot over here;  I wouldn't go fishing without my lucky socks on or bibbing my car horn three times before leaving the village - that's the short version.

Think a few team managers will be visiting Stonehenge and Glastonbury this coming solstice.

There won't be a fifth champions league spot.

When Liverpool win the UEFA cup they'll take the fourth spot and only the top three in the Premiership will be in the Champions League.

That was the scenario if Citeh had won the champions league .

This scenario is the same as Spain last season .

Poo win the Europa and we get the 5

Unless poo finish 4th

Edited by newmarket

That was the scenario if Citeh had won the champions league .

This scenario is the same as Spain last season .

Poo win the Europa and we get the 5

Unless poo finish 4th

That's a shame. I was looking forward to finishing third and Pep Guardiola having no Champions League for his first season at City :wink:

That's a shame. I was looking forward to finishing third and Pep Guardiola having no Champions League for his first season at City :wink:

I'm counting on your lot catching Spuds lol

But more importantly beating Citeh :wink:

I will seriously feel sorry for anyone finishing fourth and losing their champions league place to Liverpool, i reckon the top four plus West Ham deserve their glory, no offence to Liverpool but they dont deserve a champions league place this season, i just hope the Irons dont finish fourth.

My memories terrible . Did poo start off in the EL or did they drop into it via the CL ?

I don't agree with the latter but if they win the Europa then they deserve their CL place .

And the top 4 will go too . Man Citeh messed up to everyone else's advantage.

Edited by newmarket