The football thread

Time will tell mate.

I hope he is the real deal,it would be good if these young English players like Ali,sterling, stones etc prove it at the highest level.

Only problem is that in this country a young English man has a good half a season and the media build them up.

Look at stones , 3 weeks ago he was the new maldini, now he's apparently an accident waiting to happen.

All English players are over priced...I mean 12 or 14m for Townsend is a joke but hey rip the Geordie arms off!!!!

Ali is the real deal and has the players around him to keep him grounded, Lennon had an issue before he came to WHL 

All English players are over priced...I mean 12 or 14m for Townsend is a joke but hey rip the Geordie arms off!!!!

Ali is the real deal and has the players around him to keep him grounded, Lennon had an issue before he came to WHL

I agree that some are overpriced...... My club have payed over odds for a fair few of them. But there's a good peice in the Mirror today seeing if 9m Tunisian signing Wahbi Khazri working out better value that Alli (5.5m) Stones (3m) Butland (3.3m) and Vardy (1m)

All lower league players given a chance

I think most premier league teams have paid over the odds for one or two!!!!

Its not all about sell on value its also about how much they have invested in that player....... Daniel Sturridge is only worth 25p...... but because his physio bill is 16m his price goes up  :wink:

I hear you mate,the lad gets injured lacing his boots up !!!!!

He a really good player,natural goal scorer and fully fit is a 45-50m £ player. No good if he lives in the treatment room tho

well done Leicester , keep it up !

Im gutted moanrinho was sack....as Chelsea relegated and underdogs Leicester being crowned champions would of made this season one of the most unforgettably greatest season in my life time....apart from the  Hammers winning the treble !!!

Im gutted moanrinho was sack....as Chelsea relegated and underdogs Leicester being crowned champions would of made this season one of the most unforgettably greatest season in my life time....apart from the Hammers winning the treble !!!

Well we were awful last night Beanzy :(