The football thread

Is Brendon Rogers going to be the next to follow Allardyce as the Premiership managerial and playing reshuffle starts the minute the final whistle is blown on the season :wink:

I hope not . I think he got a bit lucky walking into a club with Suarez and then unlucky to have him taken away like that .

The way the club treated Gerrard wont have helped and but what he did yesterday with the spoilt brat delusional Sterling was terrific and its something that other managers should do when these kids get greedy .

If they get rid of him in the summer they will raise enough cash to get 3 or 4 class players that he can rebuild his team around .

I hope they give him another season , i think he deserves it.

I hope not . I think he got a bit lucky walking into a club with Suarez and then unlucky to have him taken away like that .

The way the club treated Gerrard wont have helped and but what he did yesterday with the spoilt brat delusional Sterling was terrific and its something that other managers should do when these kids get greedy .

If they get rid of him in the summer they will raise enough cash to get 3 or 4 class players that he can rebuild his team around .

I hope they give him another season , i think he deserves it.

I agree with you on football for a change☺.

Any team that loses there 2 best players will struggle.

If they can get sturridge fit and get another top striker along side him they will be a lot better next season.

Another decent centre back wouldn't go a miss either.

Well you got your wish Tim , but you seemed to know Fat Sam was going before it was announced .

A serious question as I'm not an Iron , but Spurs fan ; why did West Ham supporters hate Fat Sam - was it because he didn't let West Ham play the way West Ham traditionally played ? .

:wink:

Crucian we old mucker , i'll get back to you later on when i have more time mate .

I have time for a few one liners but something as serious as this needs to be explained properly .

In the mean time , take no notice of CM , he lives in the Cretacous period with the Allosaurus :wink:

Right ok this is going to bore most of you but the man asked a question so im going to give a brief ( as i can ) outline of what went on .

The continual boring defensive respect-the-point hoofball is self explanatory .

£80m spent on players in his first 3 seasons . 7th highest spend in the PL.

NOT ONE player of which was sold on at a profit and MOST at a big loss .

Players brought in on 5 year 55k a week contracts such as Nolan and Maiga ( hasnt played for 2 years Still on the books).

By BFS and his ex-bolton mafia agent . Young players 'leant on' to sign up and one fine talent hounded out of the club for resisting.

BFS mugging off the fans week after week blaming everybody but himself , refusing to acknowledge the West Ham 'way' .

Yes he hasnt the players to play good attacking attractive football , he made sure of that whilst wasting £80m and getting rid of those that were capable.

Not one creative footballer at the club gets game time.

Transfer dealings taken out of his hands last summer and refuses to play a lot of players brought in since.

'Stumbling' across a winning formula first half of the season and abandoning that formula one his 'boys' Nolan & Carroll were fit .

Playing a reserve team at Chelsea boxing day saying he was targetting the Arsenal game for 3 points. Lost BOTH.

Smoke , mirrors , lies , dusrespecting the fans from the off , waging a public war of words with the chairman .

The list goes on .

He is horrible . Still getting sympathy from journos and Sky Sports pawns such as Cottee etc giving it the okd 'be careful what you wish for' because they might have to interview him next week then privately saying the opposite .

The simple truth is that 3 wins in something like 24 games is form that would get ANY manager the sack and wouldve been long gone anywhere else but he was nasty vindictive with it .

I'll now c&p a few examples of internet articles over the last few months .

I've censored it where need be to the best of my ability but i nay have missed something so i apologise just in case .

It'll give you an idea of how our fans have felt since Xmas .

Sam Allardyce: "My tactical ability will edge out Everton in FA Cup replay at West Ham "

Hes obviously kept his tactical abilities a well guarded secret all these years then......

A brilliant quote from the article.....

"The Hammers boss said of his Everton counterpart: "I think that Roberto, like every other manager, has his own style. I'm a little bit more flexible than Roberto –

So Big Sam is a horses for courses man is he ?

Utter tosh in my opinion .

Unless AC is injured of course .

Of course he utilizes the squad as to which players are svailable .

No need to go over the same old same old . We all know we wont see sakho partnered with Valencia again unless Carroll is injured .

How can a managers tactics be flexible if the only time they are changed is when they are forced on him ?

We are stuck with him until the end of the season but I'm as certain as I can be that he ain't getting another contact.

The question is not whether Sam will stay but rather who will replace him, the board have a lot of tickets to sell in the new stadium and the collapse of Alpari has opened up the possibility of a large shirt sponsorship deal. If they want to attract the Canary Wharf mob then West Ham will have to serve up better entertainment than the Sam and Kev cabaret.

Never wanted or liked him. I saw him at previous clubs as arrogant, negative, self-promoting, non-listening with an antiquated football style. I have been proven right.

How sad it is, that with a manager on the 13th highest wage on the planet, a transfer kitty that totally obliterates any previous managers at our club (whatever way you work it out) that some of our supporters say 'he'll always keep us up' and that's it. That's their level of ambition. These people keep us down unfortunately by not being vocal about wanting better. How many times have I and others been slagged off for 'not being west ham' by ripping into this manager? To be swiftly joined by these people at times like now. The Mackems stayed away, they wanted change, they got change. The Geordies demanded Allardyce left the club or they'd stay away, he was outed in six weeks. We are on the verge of something big with a lot of dough coming in. For gods sake WHUFC supporters,actually believe we can consistently compete with Arsenal and Spurs sometime soon. I don't mean in a one off cup game, I mean period. These teams are better than us playing football the right way. It can be done. Don't believe the Allardyce hype. Most teams that win at the top level, here and abroad, usually play the better football. Land based. Some mix it up (to a man, none of us have an issue with that) but the best teams play proper football. Aim high. Out this bleepin horrible dinosaur blee. Show your stones Sully FFS.

russell said:Not a Sam fan and yesterday wasn't good but the season's been decent so far, so I'll back him till we're in the OS, when we can hopefully look to upgrade. Getting rid now though would be flirting with disaster.

Yeah that's right. Because we're stone wall relegation fodder without saviour Sam aren't we?

FFS when did such a low self esteem engulf some of our supporters?

ironworksfc said:

whu said:I guess I meant people like you in my post. The 'not get relegated' level of ambition. Let's hope Sully wants a bit more.

What are you on about woo. We've experienced worse so why should we aspire to do better. That's west ham you fool

yeah good point

aim low get low - simples

Why do some feel we must be held to ransom just because we are moving to the OS ? Some are falling into the belief that because its Samantha we cant get relegated., tosh! We flirted. With it last season and but for that stuff thats always fading we would have been.

The last game baffled me, not only in how a team capable of more, in a word, layed down and died, but how it was set up. Looking at the lay out Downing playing behind Noble. ( having not seen the match going on format shown by cast) Now that seems like someone cutting off their own leg.

And in answer to OPs question, i do not back this stagnant stegasaurus, since Nolans an Carrolls return he has proven beyond doubt that he truely believes in his own philosophy, and it is just as risky relying on his luck running out as it is getting in someone woth a more adaptable approach to the game.

The amount of empty seats each game because season ticket holders are not turning up because of Sam and his attitude and tactics have grown and grown with every passing game.

What does Sullivan think is going to happen next season if we hit another run of poor form and we all know under Sam that is 100% going to happen. The fans will be even more angrier than they are now. Difference being this time their anger will be more towards him and Gold.

What happens if our poor form continues into the new season and after 10,12,14 or 16+ games we sit bottom?

Do they really think Sam is ever going to take us to the next level or ever win over the vast majority of Supporters who hate and despise him?

2016/17 54,000 seats to fill. Not going to happen with Sam as manager. So why risk it all because you fear he is the only man who can achieve 17th place.

Both Gold and Sullivan insist they want to see West Ham win trophies while they are our owners. What makes them think a manager who has been around for 20+ years who has has been sacked by two previous premier League clubs and who has never won a single trophy in that 20+ years is going to do so now. Allardyce has always treated the cups with disdain and sees them as a hindrance.

Why also stick with a manager who refuses to play certain players because they were "NOT HIS CHOICE" or with a manager who does not believe in youth, and a manager who has no ambition other than SAFETY and picking up a big pay packet.

Why stick with a manager who does not have an eye for a player who then goes onto have a much greater resale value?

13th highest paid manager in the world . Ok he got us up and has steadied the ship but an improvement every year ?

Behave , we finished 12th .

Nobody believes we would have finished top 4 or even top 6 but it could have been SO much better ....

And finally , the criwning turd in the waterpipe .

Power , corruption & lies kills a football club .

http://onwestham.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/we-all-dream-of-team-of-mark-curtis.html?m=1

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2007/nov/07/twentyquestionsforboltonma

Edited by newmarket

Im sure they have CM i just hope they didnt leave it too late , it would appear that certain aspects of the club are rotten to the core with agents and certain goings on .

The PM was simply stuff that i couldnt post on here mate , if you want it let me know but there is a LOT of reading .

The Seville result last night may have thrown certain spanners in the works .

Emery offered his services to the club a few weeks ago via his representatives but now the CL beckons for him .

Im hoping it'll be Bielsa . Thrill a minute stuff :)