The football thread

Well its cup final day once again . Fair Play League cup final day that is .

Where the Claret & Blue hoardes mass once again to watch an exciting encounter against their biggest bogey team .

Thats right footy fans , its West Ham v Everton once again , the match where Mr Lukaku always regains his scoring boots .

The difference this time is that the object of the game is to avoid yellow and red cards by bottling out of tackles , passing to the opposition in order to gain brownie points from the official UEFA match delegate , yet show attacking intent for 90 minutes .

And all in the name of Mickey Mouse euro league qualification .... I cant wait .

Attacking football and no whinging at officials over decisions along with the presence of Lukaku rules the Hammers out of this thrilling encounter straight away .

The silver lining is , they get to wave farewell to the outdated trophyless Allosaurus .

Prediction , a fairly confident 0-1 or 0-2 . Yawn :(

I want miracles Steve :)

A mixture of both would be nice ... Its not my money but have to be realistic .

Unrealistically in this order:

Bielsa

Howe

Rafa

Bilic

Rafa has been backed down to 4/5 with the bookies now and they have apparently sounded him out , dangling a big war chest and the Olympic Stadium but i want the roller coaster that would be Marcelo Bielsa .

Expecting Bruce or McLeish though .

Take ten minutes to read this CM then maybe you'll stop banging on about (I know this naughty word is banned but I decided to use it any way because I can't control myself)ing Moyes

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/08/david-moyes-real-sociedad-sid-lowe

As for your lot Stevey , i've never been a fan of Gerrard . He's been a big fish etc for a long time .

Now Tommy Lawrence , Lawler , Hunt etc would all get into my all time 'pool eleven .

I might even sit down and do that later :wink:

Edited by newmarket

I want miracles Steve :)

A mixture of both would be nice ... Its not my money but have to be realistic .

Unrealistically in this order:

Bielsa

Howe

Rafa

Bilic

Rafa has been backed down to 4/5 with the bookies now and they have apparently sounded him out , dangling a big war chest and the Olympic Stadium but i want the roller coaster that would be Marcelo Bielsa .

Expecting Bruce or McLeish though .

I'd have put Jurgen Klopp in that list as well :wink:

I'd have put Jurgen Klopp in that list as well :wink:

He's already made it clear he wouldnt lower himself Dal , even at the height of optimism :)

We can dream lol , but do you know what [censored]es me off more than anything else ?

All these so called coaches/managers who want their job half done for them before they even start

Klopp for example will only go to a club already in the CL .

What happened to these young managers that wanted a project , the opportunity to be instrumental in a clubs future success ? GETTING a club into Europe ?

Im talking now in general not just from a deluded West Ham fans point of view ?

Lawler would be in my team.....

Gerrard would have fitted into any team in the world your still sour about that 35yrd screamer in injury time to take it to extra time .....

We like to call it " The Gerrard Final"

He's already made it clear he wouldnt lower himself Dal , even at the height of optimism :)

We can dream lol , but do you know what ticks me off more than anything else ?

All these so called coaches/managers who want their job half done for them before they even start

Klopp for example will only go to a club already in the CL .

What happened to these young managers that wanted a project , the opportunity to be instrumental in a clubs future success ? GETTING a club into Europe ?

Im talking now in general not just from a deluded West Ham fans point of view ?

I agree. I put Guardiola in that same ilk. I don't think he's proved himself as a manager who can build a club up. He took over from Frank Rijkaard at Barcelona and inherited a great team and he took over from Jupp Heynckes at Bayern, where he inherited treble winners.

I deliberately left Gerrard out because he is the man of the hour, I doubt you can replicate the glories of the past , sadly now its all about money, a one club man needs special praise, hope he gets a hat trick good on yer steve,

How is he a one club man ?

oh come on t im, he has been there a long time, he deserves the praise, he is Liverpool through and through, let the lad have his day, he deserves it.

Oh come on tim ? Behave mate he's going to play in America ...

1- Clemence

2- Lawler

3- Kennedy

4- Hughes (VC)

5- Hanson

6- Souness ©

10-Highway

8- Gerrard

11- Callaghan

9- Rush

7- Dagleish

Subs

Grobbelaar

Carragher

Smith

Barnes

Whelan

Suarez

4-4-2

Manager Bill Shankly

Now that team had a bit of everything..... Goals,flair and a bit of steel

I'm expecting the same level of performance from Gerrard as we saw against Man Utd earlier in the season :wink::P:mrgreen:

It wasnt a one off either he's always been prone to a bit of that especially earlier in his career and thats the only reason he wouldnt make my all time liverpool team .

Behave Tim he's one of the few modern day footballers who could of hacked it in the 70/80,s

He's got a naughty streak in him for sure..... But we could say that about a lot of top draw players

Lawler gets my vote down to amount of goals he put away from right back considering he never took free kicks/pens...

My boyhood hero (keegan) didn't even make the bench. I was always Keegan in the playground till King Kenny came along

Well its cup final day once again . Fair Play League cup final day that is .

Where the Claret & Blue hoardes mass once again to watch an exciting encounter against their biggest bogey team .

Thats right footy fans , its West Ham v Everton once again , the match where Mr Lukaku always regains his scoring boots .

The difference this time is that the object of the game is to avoid yellow and red cards by bottling out of tackles , passing to the opposition in order to gain brownie points from the official UEFA match delegate , yet show attacking intent for 90 minutes .

And all in the name of Mickey Mouse euro league qualification .... I cant wait .

Attacking football and no whinging at officials over decisions along with the presence of Lukaku rules the Hammers out of this thrilling encounter straight away .

The silver lining is , they get to wave farewell to the outdated trophyless Allosaurus .

Prediction , a fairly confident 0-1 or 0-2 . Yawn :(

Well as regards yesterdays West Ham game i have to say it panned out pretty much as i predicted apart from the fact that we scored a goal .

Can you believe that Oaf at the post match press conference blamed the players for 'galivanting upfield' trying to score a winner rather than respecting the point ?

Laughable imo and thats why he is gone . He's lost the dressing room if he hadnt already .

As you your lot Stevey , apart from my itrational dislike of Gerrard how does this little lot look ?

Lawrence

Lawller

Kennedy

Big Nose

Hansen

Callaghan

Whelan

Molby

Heighway

Rush

Hunt

Super sub fairclough .

I tried to do a proper subs bench but there was just too many great players , Ray Kennedy , Hughes , Barnes , keegan , Tosh , just to name a couple :wink: and i completely forgot about Dalgleish so he has to fit in the first elecen somewhere :)

Edited by newmarket