The football thread

With Bayern 11 points clear and gonna romp the league again, I agree.

Still a similar league to ours Dal it's just we have 2 runaway leaders the teams placed 2,3,4 in the German league have lost a similar amount of games to our 3,4,5 placed teams ..... Bayern would win the prem as would real and barca ..... Infact if it was a European super league I reckon chelski might nick 4th ..... At best !

Well I have to say , that West Ham performance yesterday was abysmal .

They strolled around as if they didn't GIVE a fck.

Now I've been watching West Ham for 45 years and I think I know the koo over there .

Most West Ham fans are easily pleased ( look at CM's love affair with Allardyce lol ) .

All we've ever really demanded is a decent standard of football , a bit of entertainment .

Results , although preferable , have never been the be all and end all over there . Same with league position .

Most Hammers fans settle for the occasional relegation if it means 4-3 defeats and a good game to watch .

Entertainment has always been priority along with one other thing . Effort .

We've had some really poor teams in the past .

I can remember standing at Oldham in the freezing cold with it peeing down with rain losing 6-0 .

I can remember standing on Arsenal's North bank watching us lose 6-1 in the 70's .

I can remember standing on the Anfield road watching us lose 5-1 and getting relegated ( lyall was sacked afterwards , but as embarrassing and hard to take as those results were , one thing stood out .

The players played their hearts out for the shirt and for the fans .

We've had players such as George Parris , Christian Dailly and , to a lesser extent , Kevin Norun(:)) .

Most Hammers agree that their footballing skills were questionable . Poor even . But the one single thing that the South Bank would agree on is that they tried their best , sweating blood and tears for us .

The performances at West Brom in the cup and yesterday ?

Pathetic and I can't even blame BFS who looked and sounded like a broken man in the post match interview.

I am very very sad today :(

They strolled around as if they didn't GIVE a ***.

Now I've been watching West Ham for 45 years and I think I know the koo over there .

Most West Ham fans are easily pleased ( look at CM's love affair with Allardyce lol ) .

All we've ever really demanded is a decent standard of football , a bit of entertainment .

Results , although preferable , have never been the be all and end all over there . Same with league position .

Most Hammers fans settle for the occasional relegation if it means 4-3 defeats and a good game to watch .

I can remember standing at Oldham in the freezing cold with it peeing down with rain losing 6-0 .

I can remember standing on Arsenal's North bank watching us lose 6-1 in the 70's .

I can remember standing on the Anfield road watching us lose 5-1 and getting relegated ( lyall was sacked afterwards , but as embarrassing and hard to take as those results were , one thing stood out .

We've had players such as George Parris , Christian Dailly and , to a lesser extent , Kevin Norun(:)) .

Most Hammers agree that their footballing skills were questionable . Poor even . But the one single thing that the South Bank would agree on is that they tried their best , sweating blood and tears for us .

Pathetic and I can't even blame BFS who looked and sounded like a broken man in the post match interview.

Who would you want instead of Sam then tim? Edited by muftyboy

They strolled around as if they didn't GIVE a ***.

We've had players such as George Parris , Christian Dailly and , to a lesser extent , Kevin Norun( :)) .

Premiership for next season assured so the players have nothing to play for.

Players know the fans want BFS gone.

Players don't perform for BFS.

I think it's that simple.

The board either have to get behind BFS or punt him. The club is in turmoil internally until the management is sorted out.

Edited by dalthegooner

Who would you want instead of Sam then tim?

Mufty mate I had a huge post written up , took me 45 minutes to write with names and good reasons for those names

Then the bloody server went down as I was posting it and now I can't be bothered to go do it all again ffs :(

Maybe tonight when I get more time .

Watch this space :wink:

Edited by newmarket

Premiership for next season assured so the players have nothing to play for.

Players know the fans want BFS gone.

Players don't perform for BFS.

I think it's that simple.

The board either have to get behind BFS or punt him. The club is in turmoil internally until the management is sorted out.

Although I want him gone Dal , I agree with you . Better to know now . For the players AND the fans.