The football thread

Beyond pathetic listening to BFS after the game.

Saying Noble HAD to come off. NO he blooming didn't.

And why oh why don't these interviewers show some testicles and ask some proper questions???

Like why on Earth Carlton Cole for Mark Noble??

The minute that change was made, we were sitting ducks.

How can he whine about the ref when Noble was let off a clear red card?

And as always he uses the collective "we" when things go wrong (as opposed to the personal "I" when things go right).

I cannot think of another Prem manager who could have messed up that winning position so spectacularly.

As you can see i am LIVID :)

Wish i could go fishing to calm down .

Edited by newmarket

What do you expect in the modern game from your team Tim.

Virtually every manager makes subs near the end of a match..... Especially away from home to 1- kill a bit of time 2- put fresh legs on

The special one is renowned for it,closing the game down.

As I've said ive been impressed by West Ham this season , obviously I don't follow them as closely as you,but I wouldn't want to go into a must win game against them..... And it's been a good few years since I've said that !

Look at Everton,playing footy the beautiful way..... And struggling for points. They'd swop league positions with your lot at the drop of a hat

Just the second one for me Steve, if he keeps banging em in and playing the way he is you are gonna struggle to keep him unless you are winning trophies, I remember watching him as a 17 year old for inter in the champions league and he looked like a superstar then,gotta give Liverpool credit for getting his career back on track after a couple of stuttering seasons.

Well, all I can say is ABSOLUTE RUBBISH.

Monaco are a poor side and they were poor tonight and they still beat us. At home!!!

We were shocking and every player in the squad deserves to be fined a months wages.

Have to say, the ref had a shocking night as well. No excuses, we weren't good enough, but the ref should be taken to task as well.

Elvis has left the building
Coventry have sacked their manager after slipping into the relegation places, Bad call if to ask me can't see them queuing up for that job, no money and fans that boo their own team, plus the whole SISU out campaign has really split the fans. I haven’t heard of a replacement as yet and it has been a few days now since Pressley left, I can see that club winding up and being no more, there will be riots in this town on that day, locals with pitch forks and burning torches storming the Ricoh.

Well, all I can say is ABSOLUTE RUBBISH.

Monaco are a poor side and they were poor tonight and they still beat us. At home!!!

We were shocking and every player in the squad deserves to be fined a months wages.

Have to say, the ref had a shocking night as well. No excuses, we weren't good enough, but the ref should be taken to task as well.

Dal , i didn't see the game mate but every team has there off days . Is that it now or is there another leg ?

Stevo , unlucky matey , I DID see both legs of your tie and did you know that's only the 4th time ever that the pool have lost a shoot out ?

I'll be brutally honest mate I don't think they made the most of the home leg .

Your still in with a big shout in 2 cups at home . That top 4's still a possibility , wide open this year ..... Just write this one off mate , teams that get knocked out of the proper euro cup shouldn't get a crack at that one anyway .

Should they ? :wink:

The ref was on the side of the home crowd, that didn't help.

Liverpool lacked something?

Not the same team away from Anfield that's for sure .

Im sure Steve will agree with me when I say , that imo , there have been a lot better Liverpool teams over the years . Lots of good players at the moment that will improve as a team in time .

Stevo , unlucky matey , I DID see both legs of your tie and did you know that's only the 4th time ever that the pool have lost a shoot out ?

Your still in with a big shout in 2 cups at home . That top 4's still a possibility , wide open this year ..... Just write this one off mate , teams that get knocked out of the proper euro cup shouldn't get a crack at that one anyway .

I remember the penalty shootout at this game when Birmingham missed every penalty,we were in the third division at the time,who remembers Ricky Otto

We got what we deserved over the 2 legs...... Nothing