Any one from Kent on here

The Canterbury & District Angling Association is a club which offers both river and lake fishing, and even a fly fishing lake if you fancy it :wink: They have lakes for varying levels of angler and the couple of people that I know who are members rate the club highly.

There's obviously Mid Kent Fisheries. They have lost a few waters in the last couple of years but still offer some decent lakes and represent good value for money.

Medway Valley Fisheries have some nice waters, including the Larkfield Complex that used to be run by Mid Kent Fisheries.

There are a plethora of waters around the Canterbury area, from a hundred quid a year to a hell of a lot more, to day ticket fisheries. Get on google and then visit some waters. You really do live in a part of the world where you are spoilt for choice.

There's loads of waters like that round here to choose from. Next time your in a tackle shop grab a copy of freshwater informer , not sure if u get it already but it is basically a free magazine which has catch reports for a lot of day ticket waters around the south east and has a lot of adverts for different venues, so that could give you a good idea of some venues to choose from.

Think you can view the magazine online aswell now.

• 2 weeks later...

Any one fished chilham feeds lake in the pass it is private to 3 ppl fishing it a year it got toke over 510 year ago was wondering if any one as fished it it ain't been fished for 4 year or so the man who owners it said I can fish it for free its about 36 Acer about 18 ft deep iv heard there 50/60lb carp in there was wondering if any one heard any think about it its known as jimmy Stuarts lakes

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously Jimm, Kent is one of the best counties in England for Carp fishing. You've got Cranbrook AS and Tonbridge AS, as well as the tickets already mentioned. It really depends on which side of Kent you are based, and how far you're willing to travel. I'd say Mid Kent is still the best around, even allowing for the loss of a few waters, but if you're more on the Sussex side of Kent Cranbrook and Tonbridge both have very decent waters.

I was a member of cdaa a few year back. I was only a member for 1 season as I didn't get much time to fish there due to work.

Fordwich is a lovely looking lake I only fished it a few times and that was in winter but would love to fish it again! The only problem is that it floods a fair bit in winter and they have the closed season on there and it does get very busy in the warmer months! Trenley and stour also look good but I don't think they have good too many carp in them so could be tricky! I not fished them myself.

I'm still not sure where I'm am going to fish in the new season, what is going on with mid kent then ? Have they sold off some off their waters now?

Yea they sold chilham a while ago and I heard rumours they where getting rid of more lakes or turning some into day ticket waters. I wonder how much they will charge for a season ticket on there in the new season ? I always fancied doing a few seasons on mid kent, they have some awesome looking waters!

Will you have to pre book to fish loggies do you know? I would imagine with only 18 swims there will be people queuing up to get on there!!

I like charlies it just gets busy in summer! Not fished it since it's been taken over by the new owner apparently he has been doing the swims up and improving the place. I will be doing a few sessions on there this year... I wonder if he managed to sort out the rat problem there!

I don't think its prebook and yes Charlies is good new owner is Steve he's koshtey he's doin the pegs up and I think he's sorted the rats out last I spoke to him I advised him two put new boy,ladies,disable toilets there's been a load of 50lb and I think a 70lb last year the trick is pva bag of marine pellet :) loggies there are a few 40lb 50lb carp