Hook away from lead

frogy

Hi guys this might be a bit of a newby question but got to ask as its doing my head in. Ive always tried, rightly or wrongly, to get my hook and bait away from the lead when fishing so the lead doesn't spook the fish and have been using pva net so is easy to do. However a lot of my mates use pva bags and id like to give them a go but I cant get my head around the fact that if using a bag the hook and bait would end up right next too or even on top of the lead. Does this make any difference?

Dont worry about it Simon . People put leads inside PVA bags , the freebies cover the lead and they catch fish .

Grangemilkys right , fish dont know what a lead is , if its on the lakebed then its natural to them imo

I've never worried about it, and often on Taverham would put the (inline) lead inside the PVA bag.

Hook and bait at bottom corner, some goodies, then spread the braided hooklink from bottom going through the freebies, and lead on top. Licked, twisted and sorted, easy job.

In fact I prefer to attach/tie the PVA mesh to the lead and the hook to stop cartwheeling on the cast, so they don't spread far apart anyway.

I also never worry about straightening the hooklink should I be casting out without PVA either. If a hooklink is straight, at maximum length, then I feel it may prevent takes if a fish attempts to suck the bait in from a distance.

As an aside a Point of note that may interest you, I nearly always capitalise PVA as it is a shortened form of poly vinyl alcohol, so the 3 initials get put in BLOCK.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyvinyl_alcohol