If I buy freezer boilies how long can I store it in freezer b4 it's no good?

Carp123_0

I think your main difficulty is Freezer Burn, this is caused by exposing the bait to the air, which draws the moisture out of the bait, and discolours it.

Put your baits into individual kilogram sized poly bags, suck out the air, then seal the bag either with a Ziplock, or a wire twist. Then your baits should keep for a year or more, as long as you keep the bait frozen of course.

B.O.F.  :wink:

Am I going mad. Didn't this thread have a number of replies yesterday :confused:

The day before Dal .

I was the first to reply in fact .

Bet its a duplicate thread . Must check .....

Yep . Identical thread in uk carp fishing section :wink:

Edited by newmarket

The only time I tasted a Freezer burned bait it had changed the flavour from a Creamy taste to a sharp "metallic" sort of taste. I am sure the Carp couldn't give a monkeys what the flavour was supposed to taste like to us, but matching it on the next batch would be a swine!  :)

B.O.F.  :wink:

I treat my boilies the same as I treat my own food, and that means I won't use frozen baits over a year old.

Our own food has a freezer life, usually of between 6months and a year, as the freezer process dehydrates and takes the moisture out. Same as you wouldn't eat thawed and refrozen food, I'm the same with bait as well.