What Is This Rig?

TM1985

Hi Everyone i hope your all well!

Can anyone tell me the name of this rig and how best to fish it? i may be mistaken but im sure after reading through mags and watching thinking tackle this is the rig that Tom Dove and Darrell Peck have been smashing lakes with?

It looks like coated braid to me but im sure the more experienced anglers on here will be able to shed some light!

Thanks in advance - Todd

Rig

If you use N-Trap or any coated braid straight through a Choddy hook and tie, then peel back just the hair section that creates the rig i think you mean that Tom Dove was using loads, and ive used it to good success. Having the chod hook on the stiff allows the gap between the hook point and eye to be nice and wide, using a normal curve shank or say a wide gap does close it off slightly.

Still this is a fine rig that will work, i use Ghost straight through to knotless knot sometimes if im fising a clear area/gravel.

So it works as one with the hook, harder to eject, if you have a peeled back hair, yes it can act more loike a freebie but it has that flexibility in the fish's mouth to be spat out easier.

Also, peeled back hairs can sometimes tangle around the hook and affect presentation.

If i was using that rig, i would peel bak the hair but attach it to a small ring and have that sliding on the back of the hook (Blow-back rig), this way the bait when ejected doesnt affect the hook, it acts seperately, that make sense?

Ben

Hi Everyone i hope your all well!

Can anyone tell me the name of this rig and how best to fish it? i may be mistaken but im sure after reading through mags and watching thinking tackle this is the rig that Tom Dove and Darrell Peck have been smashing lakes with?

It looks like coated braid to me but im sure the more experienced anglers on here will be able to shed some light!

Thanks in advance - Todd

Looks familiar?

It is as simple as attaching a hook with a knotless knot, and in many or even most cases, simple is best. There are sometimes when a rig needs to be slightly upgraded and by adding a Line Aligner then you can create a more aggresive hooking angle

Coated Braid with a Line Aligner:

Hooklink.jpg