What are you listening to?

buzzbomb

Just bought the best of frankie valli and the four seasons. Love their songs. It's a tustle in the car now between them and buddy holly and the crickets.

Jersey Boys is a triffic musical too

Not been to see the musical yet. It's on the list. I did see the buddy holly story when it was running in 89 or 90 though. That was awesome.

I never appreciated Buddy Holly tbh but I promise you you'll love Jersey Boys Nige , it's so not really my cup of tea but , as Bivvy says , as you get older to begin to "get" stuff you tended not to appreciate as a boy/youth .

An example is the late 70's early 80's clubbing both locally & up west . I used to tag along for the tea & crumpet(s) so to speak :) but I could not abide the garbage I had to listen to whilst doing it.

Of course 30 years later you can't beata bita Shalamar and Kool & the Gang :wink:

I've never seen them live the one I wished I'd have gone to was spike island 1990 :) 1989,90,91 probably my favourite years as far as music goes,I think :mrgreen:

I was only 6 around that time pal so I don't think I would have appreciated it :P

They were Amazin when they played other year in Manchester though

Anyone like Roy Orbison? I think the best thing he ever did was to die relatively young, couldn't come soon enough for me.

Ian

Shame on you for that remark. If you didn't like his music that's your loss, he was a highly respected talent.

Roy Orbison also suffered more tragedy in his lifetime than most people could possibly bear.

I can only hope that your remark was either tongue-in-cheek or designed to provoke, either way it was in poor taste.

Shame on you for that remark. If you didn't like his music that's your loss, he was a highly respected talent.

Roy Orbison also suffered more tragedy in his lifetime than most people could possibly bear.

I can only hope that your remark was either tongue-in-cheek or designed to provoke, either way it was in poor taste.

Stickmix, I was casting my bait to see what I'd catch.......

Some of the best music ever made was by The Travelling Wilburys, of which Mr Orbison was a founder member.

As for poor taste....taste is an objective thing. Sweet, savoury or ironic.

I'm aware that the gentleman suffered lifetime tragedy, he reminded us frequently. Did he ever get to Tulsa?

Ian

Stickmix, I was casting my bait to see what I'd catch.......

Some of the best music ever made was by The Travelling Wilburys, of which Mr Orbison was a founder member.

As for poor taste....taste is an objective thing. Sweet, savoury or ironic.

I'm aware that the gentleman suffered lifetime tragedy, he reminded us frequently. Did he ever get to Tulsa?

Ian

Home made video , live , raw , and high energy .

What rock is all about :)

https://soundcloud.com/howsey16

These are some tracks from the band I used to be in many moons ago. We only recorded about 6 but had loads and used to gig all over north of england.

https://soundcloud.com/howsonbros

This is what me and my bro are into at the mo. Although starting to veer off a little deeper.

Opinions appreciated.

Mate they're really good we have some real talent in the uk considering how small an island we are. Actually listened to most of them twice but iPad speakers don't do them justice so I'm gonna bang em on later and wind the sub up. Maybe just me but can hear a bit of roses influence and great vocals as well :)