Manningtree lake

I guess you've tried the tackle shop in the town? Is there still the garage that sells tickets for the river, they might know? Have a look on tinterweb for your local land registry office.

There is a thread on here somewhere about fishing unknowns lakes which has loads of info about finding out owners... Or just wait until salokcinnodrog sees this he probably knows!

used to be run by lawford. the chairman of that is the bloke who owns stour view windows, cant remember his name but if you contact him he might be able to help, edit, think his name is brian but not sure for certain

I KNEW you'd know Gaz :)

• 8 months later...

Still after all this time can't find who owns it not even anything on the land register any other ideas of what to do people it's just a mess and a shame don't know if it's worth just going there and start cleaning it up then someone is bound to notice and maybe find out that way any thoughts

Hi all I am looking for help I have found this small lake over grown trolleys and cones in it and covered in duck weed in manningtree Essex it has l.a.s on the gate and looks like you can't even get though the gates with the growth and it's a shame abd would like to do something about it I have tried local Anglian clubs the railway station next door but nothing so any help would be much help as it's got to a point where I think I might just start removing the trolleys and rubbish so any help much needed

Still after all this time can't find who owns it not even anything on the land register any other ideas of what to do people it's just a mess and a shame don't know if it's worth just going there and start cleaning it up then someone is bound to notice and maybe find out that way any thoughts

The sensible part thinks befriend the owner and explore it with him. My other hemisphere just has some bad advice.

Hi all I am looking for help I have found this small lake over grown trolleys and cones in it and covered in duck weed in manningtree Essex it has l.a.s on the gate and looks like you can't even get though the gates with the growth and it's a shame abd would like to do something about it I have tried local Anglian clubs the railway station next door but nothing so any help would be much help as it's got to a point where I think I might just start removing the trolleys and rubbish so any help much needed

I don't think you are the first to query about this lake, I seem to remember a thread previously about it a while back.

I'll have a search for the thread see if there was anything on it.

'Twas yourself!

https://forum.carp.com/topic/20280-manningtree-lake/?hl=manningtree

That's right and since then I have tried all the places that people said or surgested last time but still nothing that's why I am starting again just in case people missed it when l.a.s has the lake does anyone know if the owner it or leased it

Just posting on the old thread brings it back to the top :wink:

But I'll make life easier by merging the two together :D

This pond was known as " station " pond, when LAS had the fishing rights to it. I used to fish it a lot as a boy, that was over 25 yrs ago now. It was a lovely little pond with several carp in and they were always ready to take a bait off the top. In fact, that pond was the first place i ever fished as the match secretary of the club was a friend of my father and he took me there for the afternoon. First fish i ever caught was an eel!!!

The pond also had a large chub in it and this was always the " winner " of the chub category at the end of seasons catch awards.

My parents still live in Lawford and sometimes when i visit i have gone past the pond and seen its state. The club also had fishing rights to a pond in Furze hill woods, called keepers pond and one in bromley called crossmans.

As for the club now, i have no idea what happened but as earlier posts suggest, one of the committee members was called Brian Nunn and he was linked to stour windows...

Hope that helps a bit?

Mike

• 2 months later...