IS CCMORE

maddog201

Welcome maddog201

Heard good things about CCMoore's Belechan but am yet to try it.

Also this has to be one of the worst forums I've come across for chasing off new posters... A private message to correct them has got to be better than poking fun at them on their first thread guys, or is it so that only those with the thickest skin survive? Educate first (good man welder) and let the mods deal with those who consistently ignore that advice. Remember not everyone is blessed with perfect spelling and grammar, especially in this age of predictive text and txt speak! People come here first to learn, the banter should come second to that. Rant over.

Welcome maddog201

Heard good things about CCMoore's Belechan but am yet to try it.

Also this has to be one of the worst forums I've come across for chasing off new posters... A private message to correct them has got to be better than poking fun at them on their first thread guys, or is it so that only those with the thickest skin survive? Educate first (good man welder) and let the mods deal with those who consistently ignore that advice. Remember not everyone is blessed with perfect spelling and grammar, especially in this age of predictive text and txt speak! People come here first to learn, the banter should come second to that. Rant over.

With all due respect, this same poster cropped up on the ''other forums'' at the same time as this, made several incoherent posts, and never replied.  We are all here to discuss and help out each other with the hobby we love, not to baby sit. 

Milky, it's part of a Moderator's gig to baby sit. If it's required that's what I do.

Sometimes I correct people's spelling if it helps to make their point more clear. I've amended yours in the past, just typos. You probably didn't notice......I was just baby sitting, mate.

Ian

You're here to baby sit, i'm not :lol:

But are you looking to buy ready mades or start from scratch and make your own, so make your own base mix, then buy the addititves/flavours etc.

Only ask becuase it can be very daunting making your own bait for the first time, but more than happy to help draw up a few basic items you need to get you going as ive been making our own for around 15 years now, its very different theese days, the choices are immense.

Ben

They do have a section of videos on the site and a couple of them are about making your own boillies so check these out, obviously they try and plug their own base mixes etc but you get the idea of what it involves.

Do you have a bait gun, rolling table? Ill try and put toegther a video soon and put it on Youtube on how to make boillies, as I didnt have any help when i started. 

It can be expensive to start with, getting all the ingrediants and equipment but if you see yourself go this way from now on its worth it in the long run. ill make 2kgs tonight and whack them in the freezer, i make sure i have at least 5 kg always in the freezer ready for me to grab when i decide i need to get down the lake asap!

are ther books or eny think 2 help in bait making

Can I ask what's your reason for wanting to roll your own bait? It's a very tricky world, and although in the long run it works out cheaper for big quantities, to start with it will cost you a small fortune until you settle on what and how you want to make. There are loads of affordable quality baits out there, there is nothing worse than sitting behind your rods not catching, worrying that it could be because the bait you made is poor. Some of the old school guys believe that rolling your own is 'proper fishing' but it has taken them years to learn about baits. We mere mortals make a bait with a bit of guess work, and then when it doesn't work as you plan, where do you go from there? I would read everything you possibly can before starting. Its a minefield and a science. 

Edited by welder

To each his own. I've never really known why I was invited to be a Moderator but suspect that it was because I've got two granddaughters and know about baby sitting. Oh, and my OCD about spelling and grammar, maybe?

Ian

Because you are the voice of  reason, intelligent, and able to moderate effectively, efficiently and as a good mediator in dealing with issues between people.

making my own mate

Maddog,

Welcome to carp.com.

CCMoore have been around a long time in bait terms, providing good quality ingredients, already designed base mixes and baits of all sorts, boilies and particles.

For that they must be offering a good service.

In terms of bait making, if you want to make your own, amongst other advice, I would recommend buying a proven base mix and the tweaking it with a few additional attractors and foods. The base mix itself should already be top quality, and will catch on its own as it stands, however, you may think or know that an extra dose of for example Green Lipped mussel Extract could improve your results.

Nowadays I would not design a bait from scratch, too long winded and complicated, and unless you are a dietician, and understanding physiology, nutrition and all that goes with it, the hard work has already been done.

What about the standard Fishmeal basemix they sell, superb value and ive used that as my base for many mixes over the years, yes i add robin red, GLM etc but I would have no probs using the fishmeal base mix, a good additive and then a flavour and take that to most day tickets and be confident.

I agree that you can take their proven basemixes which will make a cracking bait, but then you may as well buy their frozen ready mades?