Returning Carper

Hi guys,

New here but not new to carp fishing.

I used to do plenty of weekers and weekenders at my local waters a good few years ago (pre kids)

Anyhow kids are growing up and i've been given permision from SWMBO to start doing day sessions again so thought i would just start by saying hi to you all.

Regards

Andy Hull

That's one mistake I didn't make, all my kit was waiting for me I didn't sell anything, the only problem now is I want a new bivvy, sleeping bag, unhooking mat and winter clothes lol

I did make that mistake unfortunately, i had some really nice gear at the time too!

Probably outdated now but at the time really nice. im not a tackle tart now though (SWMBO won't let me) :(

Welcome to carp.com

A good angler can catch loads on basic gear, a bad angler won't necessarily catch more on the most expensive gear going.

Far better to spend a few quid on good gear that will work, than loads on gear you're scared to get dirty.

Find the fish, work out how to get them interested, then catch them.

Welcome to carp.com

A good angler can catch loads on basic gear, a bad angler won't necessarily catch more on the most expensive gear going.

Far better to spend a few quid on good gear that will work, than loads on gear you're scared to get dirty.

Sounds easy when you put it like that Nick ...

Welcome to carp.com

Had that said before, also said that you can have all the latest most expensive tackle on the bank but it's the last few feet in the lake that really counts!

Yeah Andy you'll find stuff like that repeated all over this forum .

Everyone knows you dont need to spend fortunes but you'll be surprised how many think you do ( if that makes sense :)).

My first complete carp set up ? About £70 :wink:

I have just bought a JRC Contact rod £34.99 and an All Black free spool reel.

In all honesty i don't think i'll get diferent rods as i thinlk the JRC Contact is a very nice rod, especialy for the price tag.

The reel also seems very nice and smooth, and for £14 or £9 on special offer seems too good to be true so i'll have to see how that lasts but i'll probably buy a couple of better models when this one breaks or when i give it to my daughter.

Bite alarms, at the moment i have 2, one very cheap one that seems unreliable considering it's brand new and an Optonic that's still going after 25 years+

I can feel it already though, you know that need to buy more and more and more and, you get the idea!!! :twisted:

Andy

I hope that rod broke cos you were unlucky and it was c rap rather than any other factors mate .

What brand and test curve was that rod ?

I've never used a lead that heavy in my life ....

Posts like this make me realise how lucky i was when i bought my first set up .

I never had a problem and still use em as spares when need be .£28 for 3 rods and still going strong . Literally .

Hope you returned it to the seller mate.