Stratford on avon

We should do a carp.com cup, us southern softies vs the northern Nancy boys☺.

If it was done over 3 days then the 1St day could be a good drink and munch up, and then a nice little 2 day battle.

A two legged affair home and away .

Winners get to fish with wychwood gear in warm weather :wink:

Bream count double in the event of a draw :)

Edited by newmarket

I reckon Northampton would make a good neutral venue, there is no possibility of me fishing for 3 days, I would donate a trophy, The Midway Cup, and it would be nice to meet you guys, Grendon Lakes, with the possibility of a sneaky on the syndicate, half a mile away if his Lordship would wear it.

Thought that might provoke a reaction :(

Quiet today ? Hows the back ?

I reckon Northampton would make a good neutral venue, there is no possibility of me fishing for 3 days, I would donate a trophy, The Midway Cup, and it would be nice to meet you guys, Grendon Lakes, with the possibility of a sneaky on the syndicate, half a mile away if his Lordship would wear it.

I'd do Grendon, no problem, or Billing Marina.

I suspect that I know which Lordship you refer to.....up the hill from Scotland Pool?

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Just packing up my kit for the winter, save a few Barbel hunts, that's it till spring.

I'm hopefully going for 5 days in the first week of November.

I always plan a trip for the New Year.

And hopefully there will be a few more winter trips.

I enjoy winter sessions. Being warm is key for me. Cold weather makes the air clean and fresh. It's nice being out in it :wink:

I'm hopefully going for 5 days in the first week of November.

I always plan a trip for the New Year.

And hopefully there will be a few more winter trips.

I enjoy winter sessions. Being warm is key for me. Cold weather makes the air clean and fresh. It's nice being out in it :wink:

I enjoy it too mate but i need to be comfortable . Even a light northern or easterly wind makes me miserable so from now onwards ( now the clocks have gone back ) i'll be going prepared and the old Ron Thompson specimen suit is coming out in conjunction with the Skettex's :)

I enjoy it too mate but i need to be comfortable . Even a light northern or easterly wind makes me miserable so from now onwards ( now the clocks have gone back ) i'll be going prepared and the old Ron Thompson specimen suit is coming out in conjunction with the Skettex's :)

Warmth is definitely the key for me as well (Thankfully, the rigours of life have not yet afforded me with arthritis :wink: ).

Base layers, winter lined trousers, socks with tog ratings, Skee-Tex boots, thermal jumper, fleece jacket, body warmer, neck buff, thermal hat, thermal gloves, zippo hand warmers and, if that fails, a Trakker tundra suit!